+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ashley Williams

Ashley Williams

suffered from collapsed lungs after the Mexico game . that was kept quiet wasn't it ?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ffers-14737043

hope he recovers before season starts

Re: Ashley Williams

All the best Ash

Not nice images of him at all.
    Hope he recovers well.
    All the best Ash.

Wow that's a worry for a fit lad , I do admire him for his loyality to Wales, and dealing with the awful angst he unreservedly gets .

Scary stuff. Just done a little bit of research. A collapsed lung is caused by air getting into the space that surrounds the lungs and symptoms can range in severity. Assuming there is no damage to the lung itself he should be able to make a full recovery from it. The cracked ribs will keep him out for a while (6-8 weeks) so he's a big question mark now for the nations league matches in September. Mepham's emergence couldnt have come at a better time in hindsight.

Get well soon Ash!

Nasty. Hope he makes a quick recovery.
    Some bloody charming responses from Everton fans

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/t...97908/page-167

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    Scary stuff. Just done a little bit of research. A collapsed lung is caused by air getting into the space that surrounds the lungs and symptoms can range in severity. Assuming there is no damage to the lung itself he should be able to make a full recovery from it. The cracked ribs will keep him out for a while (6-8 weeks) so he's a big question mark now for the nations league matches in September. Mepham's emergence couldnt have come at a better time in hindsight.

Get well soon Ash!
    I know a youngster who the same thing happened to while playing rugby ( I was at the same rugby festival with my daughter ) broken ribs, one punctuated the lung and it collapsed, he was playing rugby at the start of the next season, must have been out for 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I know a youngster who the same thing happened to while playing rugby ( I was at the same rugby festival with my daughter ) broken ribs, one punctuated the lung and it collapsed, he was playing rugby at the start of the next season, must have been out for 3 months
    I think its an injury that sounds a lot worse than it actually is since its rarely the lung itself that is 'punctured'. If he can recover quickly from the broken ribs there is still a chance he could be fully fit in time for the Ireland game, although you do wonder how many games he'll have under his belt by then if he is still stuck at Everton. Honestly reading their forum you'd think he'd played for Liverpool all his life before joining them. Mental.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Beverly Hills Op

He had a good first season at Everton too. Tough for him to take after getting the opportunity to be in a more positive environment. He's got the right mindset to come back and hopefully will put forward a good 18 months of more his usual standard before age takes him over.

It had to be serious as he never goes off injured. A very brave and gutsy player. He will be fine and playing next season

Get well soon Ash