+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ken left out of Denmark squad.

Ken left out of Denmark squad.

Re: Ken left out of Denmark squad.

Oops! Just duplicated in Ken thread sorry!

He wouldn’t have made my city squad.... too lazy for me...

Ken take up Welsh residency we'll look after you, Wales are desperate for clever movement up front , in a central forward area.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ken take up Welsh residency we'll look after you, Wales are desperate for clever movement up front , in a central forward area.
    Bale on the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Bale on the bench?
    Nope out wide slinging them in, Bales is not a centre forward is he ?

Whilst it would have been great for the lad to play in the WC, selfishly it's better for us.

He'll be fresh, injury free and hungry to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    He wouldn’t have made my city squad.... too lazy for me...
    Too lazy?????? Are you blind?

Cornelius is going though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Cornelius is going though.
    Brings a wry smile to the face to see his name ahead of Ken.
    Ken blows him out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Brings a wry smile to the face to see his name ahead of Ken.
    Ken blows him out of the water.
    We didn't see the full potential of Cornelius, I'm not suggesting still ahead of KZ.
    With us he was injured, in a team that were imploding and we decided that because he was tall we would ping balls at his head from 60 yards away and expect him to live off that, despite that never having been his game (similar to Ken in some respects).
    He's been playing at a higher level than kz and doing ok, so not surprising he's ahead at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We didn't see the full potential of Cornelius, I'm not suggesting still ahead of KZ.
    With us he was injured, in a team that were imploding and we decided that because he was tall we would ping balls at his head from 60 yards away and expect him to live off that, despite that never having been his game (similar to Ken in some respects).
    He's been playing at a higher level than kz and doing ok, so not surprising he's ahead at the moment
    I think Cornelius became a symbol to represent the money wasted during the summer of 2013 (even though we got our money back on Caulker and Medel) and, as such, Vincent Tan just wanted him out of the club as soon as possible even if it meant us losing more money than we might have done if we had held on to him. Let's face it, Cornelius' replacement, Kenwyne Jones, didn't cost anything in terms of a transfer fee, but we paid around £2.5 million a year in wages for nearly two and a half seasons of him on our books and what we got was a player who, mentally, only turned up when he felt like it.

Cornelius had to be better than what we saw from him, as his subsequent career has shown,and it would have been interesting to have seen how he fared if he had stayed with us. Physically, he seems is made for the Championship to me and with one of Zohore and Cornelius leading our attack every week, we would have had more of a goal threat as they drew performances from each other fired by the feeling that they were in a battle for a place in the World Cup squad.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think Cornelius became a symbol to represent the money wasted during the summer of 2013 (even though we got our money back on Caulker and Medel) and, as such, Vincent Tan just wanted him out of the club as soon as possible even if it meant us losing more money than we might have done if we had held on to him. Let's face it, Cornelius' replacement, Kenwyne Jones, didn't cost anything in terms of a transfer fee, but we paid around £2.5 million a year in wages for nearly two and a half seasons of him on our books and what we got was a player who, mentally, only turned up when he felt like it.

Cornelius had to be better than what we saw from him, as his subsequent career has shown,and it would have been interesting to have seen how he fared if he had stayed with us. Physically, he seems is made for the Championship to me and with one of Zohore and Cornelius leading our attack every week, we would have had more of a goal threat as they drew performances from each other fired by the feeling that they were in a battle for a place in the World Cup squad.
    He's been very much a bit part player at Atalanta, as they have Andrea Petagna who's a similar player, in that he's a big guy, but dosnt play the typical big guy role. If you look at this season though, across all competitions, he's played the equivalent of 13 full games and scored 6 goals, which is more than decent.

He's OK, that's it. I'm not surprised Ken hasn't made it, as he looks like he can't be arsed at times, even if I do think he does try more than most people think. Cornelius was horrific here, he couldn't even hit the target during shooting drills. Anyway, not worth worrying about, we'll stop paying his wages at the end of the month...

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's OK, that's it. I'm not surprised Ken hasn't made it, as he looks like he can't be arsed at times, even if I do think he does try more than most people think. Cornelius was horrific here, he couldn't even hit the target during shooting drills. Anyway, not worth worrying about, we'll stop paying his wages at the end of the month...
    Cornelius was 19, first time away from his hometown and the club he'd played for since he was a kid, coming back from an injury and playing at stadiums and Infront of crowds massive in comparison to what he was used to, for a team who barely created anything all season and were imploding off the pitch and on.
    It's hard to imagine how we could have handled it worse.
    It's little wonder we didn't see the best from the guy.

Cornelius was 19, first time away from his hometown and the club he'd played for since he was a kid, coming back from an injury and playing at stadiums and Infront of crowds massive in comparison to what he was used to, for a team who barely created anything all season and were imploding off the pitch and on.
    It's hard to imagine how we could have handled it worse.
    It's little wonder we didn't see the best from the guy.
    I think you're being very kind. He'd played international football and played for the biggest club in Denmark. We should absolutely not have signed him, or given him the money we did and it has to be the biggest mistake (on the playing side at least) the club has made. He was an atrocious player though, couldn't trap a bag of cement. Even though it came too soon, he just wasn't good enough.

Would have been nice to see Ken at the World Cup tho. At least he's not in the shop window though. I really believe he can make the step up.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Would have been nice to see Ken at the World Cup tho. At least he's not in the shop window though. I really believe he can make the step up.
    I really hope your right but i have grave doubts. Hes slow and technically lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    I really hope your right but i have grave doubts. Hes slow and technically lacking.
    Slow?!

Slow?

Oh my...

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Slow?
    I notice you question slow not technically lacking?
    But he is a big unit turns slowly and isnt very fast he isnt a shoe in to be a prem success. Doubt hes any quicker than gestedes

But he is a big unit turns slowly and isnt very fast he isnt a shoe in to be a prem success. Doubt hes any quicker than gestedes
    fast.jpg

Tell that to the Forest defenders

Heisenberg

True. Ken is slow, technically lacking and on par with Gestede for speed. Here's Gestede proving how quick he is and how he is actually very technically gifted https://youtu.be/DfO1QMICPjU?t=20s