+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Assuming this to be true ......

Assuming this to be true ......

Can you believe a player demanding that?

Fulham full-back Ryan Fredericks has turned down a new deal at Craven Cottage because he wants to be the highest paid player at the club. [/I][/I]

Re: Assuming this to be true ......

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post

Fulham full-back Ryan Fredericks has turned down a new deal at Craven Cottage because he wants to be the highest paid player at the club. [/I][/I]
    I doubt it happened on those terms.

Its more than likely that he has an offer from West Ham, and seeing as it is a free transfer the terms are better for the player, and if Fulham were to match that offer it would make him the highest paid player at the club.

Players have asked for that before. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink left Leeds in 2000 because they wouldn't make him the highest paid player in the league for the duration of his contract.

I'm sure I read before that cairney was on 50k/week (not sure how reliable) so perhaps fredericks is holding out for more than that?

He probably wants to leave unless he can get something better than the contract and signing on fee he’ll get for moving.

He’s looked a good player whenever I’ve seen him.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He probably wants to leave unless he can get something better than the contract and signing on fee he’ll get for moving.

He’s looked a good player whenever I’ve seen him.
    Ya, that stamp on Grealish was the sign of a good player !

Blue in the Face

Isn't he on Arsenals radar too?

Their chairman is a bit foolish running his mouth off on how much he wants to spend. He's invited scenarios now where agents know they can push for more.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post

It’s hard to accept because he’s not the best player at that club - probably not in the top 3 or 4. If he was Ryan Sessegnon then it would be a perfectly legitimate negotiation card to play

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    It’s hard to accept because he’s not the best player at that club - probably not in the top 3 or 4. If he was Ryan Sessegnon then it would be a perfectly legitimate negotiation card to play
    He's probably asking for Fulham to match whatever offer he's had from Wham. I doubt he's asking to specifically be the highest earner at the club.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post

Their chairman is a bit foolish running his mouth off on how much he wants to spend. He's invited scenarios now where agents know they can push for more.
    👍

Meanwhile the under the radar team who nobody likes are reporting that only a small budget is available for strengthening this summer

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post

Shahid Khan is worth 7.2bn USD, is trying to buy Wembley, owns an NFL franchise (which is a license to print money) and Fulham are now in the Prem. Everyone knows they've got money to spend, regardless of what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He's probably asking for Fulham to match whatever offer he's had from Wham. I doubt he's asking to specifically be the highest earner at the club.
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Why not?
    Because he's not their best player and I doubt they would agree to that

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Because he's not their best player and I doubt they would agree to that
    He's probably asked for a contract on astronomical wages, and he doesn't cost a transfer fee. He holds all the cards.