+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Google may need to testify if anti-GOP search results keep showing up

Google may need to testify if anti-GOP search results keep showing up

"House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes said on Sunday there may be a need for Google to testify after the company's search engine showed results linking Republicans to "Nazism."

Speaking to Fox News on Sunday, the California Republican framed the issue as one in which tech monopolies "should be reined in" and called for a new search engine to compete against Google that doesn't "censor" conservatives."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...keep-happening

Re: Google may need to testify if anti-GOP search results keep showing up

Just googled "Corbyn"

First one up .. Tracey Ullman angers Corbyn fans with antisemitism sketch
    The Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    You are aware that the SERPs (Search Engine Results Page) you are given by Google will depend on your previous search history etc. Google say the reason this happens is so that Google can make an educated guess on what sort of content you want to see - based on what you have previously clicked on.
    Including politics So I must be a right leaning leftist then

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Including politics So I must be a right leaning leftist then
    Or perhaps you're searching for "Corbyn anti Semitism" fairly often

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Or perhaps you're searching for "Corbyn anti Semitism" fairly often
    Read the OP, Google and the other tech companies are running algorithms that are politically biased. Jeremy Corbyn and Donald Trump are persona non Grata, it's nothing to do with left v right. I know it's true because I never use Google

I googled SERPS and got Additional State Pension, also known as the State Earnings-Related Pension Scheme (SERPS)

Read the OP, Google and the other tech companies are running algorithms that are politically biased. Jeremy Corbyn and Donald Trump are persona non Grata, it's nothing to do with left v right. I know it's true because I never use Google
    Ooooooooohhhhhhh rebel

Bing?

'Personae non gratae' is the plural form

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    ps - all search engines want you to do is go to sites they think you are looking for . They measure bounce rate, click through rates etc etc - so they tend to show you sites youve visited or sites like the sites youve visited (depending on what you searched)

use duckduckgo and see how you get on
    I will reiterate, it is highly likely that the tech companies, media and intel agencies (internal & external) are in the rigged politics game. Proof will be forthcoming.

Just googled "Corbyn"

First one up .. Tracey Ullman angers Corbyn fans with antisemitism sketch
    The Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It was alluded to by a previous poster that search engines are influenced by prior search history. In this case, I temporarily switched my search engine to Google which has no search history associated with it. Besides, the algorithms associated with political matters may have been doctored according to Chairman Nunes from the House Intelligence Committee.

It was alluded to by a previous poster that search engines are influenced by prior search history. In this case, I temporarily switched my search engine to Google which has no search history associated with it. Besides, the algorithms associated with political matters may have been doctored according to Chairman Nunes from the House Intelligence Committee.

OK

The previous poster said that an hour after you said you had "googled". Want to try again?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

OK

The previous poster said that an hour after you said you had "googled". Want to try again?
    Yeah, but I mentioned the algorithms after our fellow poster talked about search history. He didn't know I was doing a test with a clean search history.

I just googled Corbyn and the first 3 stories that came up were pretty positive

Yeah, but I mentioned the algorithms after our fellow poster talked about search history. He didn't know I was doing a test with a clean search history.
    It may not have been as clean as you think

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It may not have been as clean as you think
    Oh well, the device must have had some search history injected before I bought it