+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: City's transfer kitty "expected to be no more than £20 million".

Re: City's transfer kitty "expected to be no more than £20 million".

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Don't think OGS wasted any money, he had an eye for a player just couldn't manage.

To be fair to him he couldn't have come in at a worse possible time but that gives no excuses for tinkering with us week in week out with no shape, style or game plan
    He wasted a lot of money, proof of that is the fact only 3 of his 14 signings are still at the club and of the 11 no longer here, only two went for fees (Fabio & Daehli)

Credit where its due, the three who are still here (Morrison, Pilkington & Manga) were all good signings and made over 100 appearances for us, but they are very much in the minority seeing as we had to release most of his signings

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He wasted a lot of money, proof of that is the fact only 3 of his 14 signings are still at the club and of the 11 no longer here, only two went for fees (Fabio & Daehli)

Credit where its due, the three who are still here (Morrison, Pilkington & Manga) were all good signings and made over 100 appearances for us, but they are very much in the minority seeing as we had to release most of his signings
    Players like Burgstaller were clearly very good players, but Ole just didn't have a clue what to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Players like Burgstaller were clearly very good players, but Ole just didn't have a clue what to do with them.
    I'd say its still a waste of money if you sign a very good player without a plan in place on how to utilise them

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Like we are going to inform all and everyone exactly how much money we have to spend, laughable really, Warnock will have what he wants within reason
    THIS ^^^^

We already have a £9m revenue deficit (pro-rata) to Fulham because of our cheaper season ticket pricing. People would grumble if our prices matched Fulham’s yet those same people may express dissatisfaction with the transfer budget

I would prefer to go " all in " and go for it, while its great to be sensible, we surely have the right manager ( and boardroom staff ) to not go mad and buy crap but buy well and make a go of it

If only the club lost £68m of debt as was promised in Feb 2016. oops we're supposed to forget that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    If only the club lost £68m of debt as was promised in Feb 2016. oops we're supposed to forget that right?
    If Tan converted the debt to equity, that wouldn't immediately mean he wanted to spend a load more on transfer fees this season, whether it's debt or equity it's all coming from him at the moment

I would guess that in the end we will spend between 40 & 50 million.
    It doesn"t pay Neil or the board to advertise how much our transfer kitty is & I think they are deliberately stating it is lower than we will actually spend.
    I could be wrong of course

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I would prefer to go " all in " and go for it, while its great to be sensible, we surely have the right manager ( and boardroom staff ) to not go mad and buy crap but buy well and make a go of it
    I think all football fans would want that, the excitement factor is in seeing players come in. Players from overseas gain more excitement that signing a home based player like Snodgrass, because of the sense of the unknown.

However you will have the same fans dismayed by debt levels, wage bill levels and transfer fees, when the accounts are released the following year.

For me , the less we spend in the transfer market the better. Inflated wages , and transfer fees will soon eat into the extra money we will be getting.

I’d be happy spending 15-20 million on 3-4 players.

Wolves apparently spending £35m - on a right back (Cancelo)

Seems like they’re going for it

If they keep their stars from this season they could do quite well I think (7th or 8th maybe)

Can we stop having this trying to derail every single thread? It's been discussed to death by the same one person who ignores all the sensible answers he's given. Fair enough it is a talking point but not in every single thread.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Wolves apparently spending £35m - on a right back (Cancelo)

Seems like they’re going for it

If they keep their stars from this season they could do quite well I think (7th or 8th maybe)
    Aren't Wolves still under investigation or have they had their slap on the wrists yet?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Agree. Get Bale on a 2 year loan and offer him the £20 mill in wages

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Can we stop having this trying to derail every single thread? It's been discussed to death by the same one person who ignores all the sensible answers he's given. Fair enough it is a talking point but not in every single thread.
    Sensible answers like "Why do you care?"?

It's a thread about Cardiff reportedly being hamstrung in the transfer market, it seems quite on topic to point to a possible reason for that but the paranoia that festers in this echo chamber interprets that as an attempt at derailment. :hysteria:

It's a thread about Cardiff reportedly being hamstrung in the transfer market, it seems quite on topic to point to a possible reason for that but the paranoia that festers in this echo chamber interprets that as an attempt at derailment. :hysteria:
    Whether tans investment is in debt or equity has no bearing on how much he decides to splash out in the transfer window.

Groundhog Day again??

If you want to discuss debt to equity, make a thread about it

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Agree. Get Bale on a 2 year loan and offer him the £20 mill in wages
    20 mill a year

Come on Baleo, you know it makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    If you want to discuss debt to equity, make a thread about it
    I have, a number of times. It usually gets well thought out counter-arguments.

I have, a number of times. It usually gets well thought out counter-arguments.
    Which you always totally ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Which you always totally ignore.
    That reminds me, I need to put you on ignore. Ta!

Like a few have said you can spend 100mill and still get relegated. For me we could do with strong midfielder or even 2 and a good wide player and a striker. A lb potentially and a better keeper but not urgently

Get all the dead wood out on loan. Burnley seemed to keep their money and spend it when they got relegated as probably not over paying as much.

There’s always the risk of going down and freefalling no matter how much you try and plan for it.

We need to make the most of this opportunity without going too mad with spending but it’d be a shame to have a season of getting battered after filling the squad with frees and loans.