+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not a parent, so I'm not best placed to say.............................................

Not a parent, so I'm not best placed to say.............................................

butwhat do you make of this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44353321

Re: Not a parent, so I'm not best placed to say.............................................

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I don't think its fair to the other passengers and plane staff to leave your kids in their hands. I don't think 10 and 12 are responsible enough to be left alone.

Re: Not a parent, so I'm not best placed to say.............................................

I won't comment on the parenting aspect as I would have preferred to sit elsewhere at that age, but this is a case of self-entitlement at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    I don't think its fair to the other passengers and plane staff to leave your kids in their hands. I don't think 10 and 12 are responsible enough to be left alone.
    Agree, and her "I introduce myself" comment is more than a little arrogant. She's not that famous.

Been a parent. Under 11. Not acceptable. Out of primary school it is perfectly okay if the airline allow it.
    BA allow unaccompanied minors to travel even with no parents sitting in the nose.

Well done Kirsty. Teach the kids they need aspirations.
    With the 12 year old monitoring the younger one as a former parent I approve.

To anyone saying they don’t want to sit next to children it happens all the time. I have had far more disgusting individualsl next to me over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Agree, and her "I introduce myself" comment is more than a little arrogant. She's not that famous.
    I'd never heard of her before today, but that probably says more about me than her .

I'm not sure how you'd explain this to your kids - "We're not sitting in the cheap seats with the riff raff but it's good enough for you."

I'd never heard of her before today, but that probably says more about me than her .
    PM Sludge for a full rundown, pics, etc..

You go on holiday to spend time with the kids, not palm them off on strangers while you pamper yourself.

Not news though, not sure why the BBC has picked it up.
    She's spouted it out to the sun knowing full well that some will agree and some will think she's irresponsible, and the resulting hoo-har will raise her profile, and the BBC have dutifully shat out a story on their website to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    You go on holiday to spend time with the kids, not palm them off on strangers while you pamper yourself.

Not news though, not sure why the BBC has picked it up.
    She's spouted it out to the sun knowing full well that some will agree and some will think she's irresponsible, and the resulting hoo-har will raise her profile, and the BBC have dutifully shat out a story on their website to help.
    As of now, this story is above today's news about Grendel in BBC News website's most read chart - I can't act all superior about that either because I've not read the Grendel story yet.

I walked to school and back at the age of 10, started flying alone at the age of 13 (mother lived in Spain) when i went to visit,

10 and 12 seems a reasonable age to be sat alone IMO

Selfish cow.

Didn't this scenario take place in the first "Home Alone" film?

Utterly disgraceful. "an absurd waste of money" to fly business class. You said it Kirsty. Now look after your kids properly ffs and stop palming them off to strangers. Fecking Z listers

If it was a working class family, where the kids are in the other part of the plane where the parents sup Stella, I'm sure social services would be notified

Actually false reporting again, what happens is that they sit in premier economy while the kids sit in economy so they are just in front of their kids or if the kids are further back, they can still see them, and if that were not the case, if the kids are well behaved, which apparently they are, then they are old enough to sit on their own but what the article fails to mention is her step children are a lot older, and they sit with the younger ones, I see no mention of that fact in the article!

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Actually false reporting again, what happens is that they sit in premier economy while the kids sit in economy so they are just in front of their kids or if the kids are further back, they can still see them, and if that were not the case, if the kids are well behaved, which apparently they are, then they are old enough to sit on their own but what the article fails to mention is her step children are a lot older, and they sit with the younger ones, I see no mention of that fact in the article!
    False reporting? Or did she want it to come out like that to generate a bit of cheap heat on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post

It's just the same as parents who go to Butlins and whilst they get pi$$ed at the bar, they leave the kids watching some weird Clown Magician

What a selfish bitch

She is very self important. As RJK says surely you go on a family holiday to be with each other.

Utter snobbery.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I walked to school and back at the age of 10, started flying alone at the age of 13 (mother lived in Spain) when i went to visit,

10 and 12 seems a reasonable age to be sat alone IMO
    I don't think the issue is them flying at that age, its that their mother was on the same flight and refused to sit with them and expected other to look out for them

Love how her early defence is that it was wrong for her children to sit in the more expensive seats with her, completely misunderstanding that that's not what people were expecting, and then ended it by trying to bring a new issue into play.

She's right - you can parent how you see fit - but who is responsible for helping her children with oxygen masks if needed? Unfairly putting the onus on others in an emergency to look after her children so she can have a better time.

No wonder she is such a porker - always scoffing and drinking champers

She's got a bit of Monica Lewinsky about her that's for sure.

Wish I'd thought of it ! Kids of that age wouldn't know or care what class they're in, so long as they're with their siblings.

However we live in 'precious' times, when parents wouldn't dream of putting themselves before their children - they might get upset..