+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sorry to repeat a thread, but "National Parking Management"

Sorry to repeat a thread, but "National Parking Management"

I am incandescent, I parked slightly out of the bay at the Sue Ryder charity shop on Newport Road today to donate some DVD's and computer games. I left after 5 mins and caught man taking a photo of my car. He told me I should have read the sign before I parked and am now facing a £100 fine for donating to charity. I spoke to the manager who informed me they brought in a private company for people who abuse the car park. I DID NOT ABUSE THE CAR PARK, I WAS MAKING A DONATION AND WAS SLIGHTLY OUT OF THE BAY. THANK YOU SUE RYDER I WILL NOT BE DONATING TO OR PURCHASING FROM ANY OF YOUR STORES AGAIN..
    Decided to go to court if it goes all the way, do you think it will?

Re: Sorry to repeat a thread, but "National Parking Management"

Quote Originally Posted by wolfybluebird View Post
    I am incandescent, I parked slightly out of the bay at the Sue Ryder charity shop on Newport Road today to donate some DVD's and computer games. I left after 5 mins and caught man taking a photo of my car. He told me I should have read the sign before I parked and am now facing a £100 fine for donating to charity. I spoke to the manager who informed me they brought in a private company for people who abuse the car park. I DID NOT ABUSE THE CAR PARK, I WAS MAKING A DONATION AND WAS SLIGHTLY OUT OF THE BAY. THANK YOU SUE RYDER I WILL NOT BE DONATING TO OR PURCHASING FROM ANY OF YOUR STORES AGAIN..
    Parked slightly out of the bay? What does that mean? Was Ms Ryder really responsible for what happened?

If you are serious about standing your ground, probably not, but these private sharks are getting tougher these days so a court summons not out of the question.
    Why not contact Sue Ryder head office?
    They may be sympathetic and can call off these parasites.

It was 10am this morning, I was going to see my mum who has dementia because her television was not working. The bay I was parked in was no where near the other bays. I did not say Sue Ryder was responsible ( I am aware of the good works they do) Was I really abusing the parking bays and do you really think that £100 is reasonable?

Thank you

I don't know how many times I've said this on this board now but just ignore it. Ignore all the mail that comes through, they have no power and can't do anything. I must have had a whole book load come through the post in total from parking as Asda for city games. They give up in the end and try their luck elsewhere.

But it was your fault wasn’t it?

Anyway, as above, just ignore it.

They’re well known for this sort of thing in Rumney

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    They’re well known for this sort of thing in Rumney
    What, bad parking?

Join Private Parking Tickets help and advice on a Facebook. Lots of plenty free help and advice on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    What, bad parking?
    No ripping people off

If they bay belongs to the Sue Ryder shop, they can cancel the charge.

The law changed a few years ago.

DO NOT ignore it!