+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T another one for Gaffa - got a bird nest box full with honey bees - help?

O/T another one for Gaffa - got a bird nest box full with honey bees - help?

Seem OK for now - could they swarm though?

Re: O/T another one for Gaffa - got a bird nest box full with honey bees - help?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Seem OK for now - could they swarm though?
    We had a swarm a couple of years ago a poster gave me a number and the bee keeper came and collected them.They were amazing to watch and just got on with their business and none of us got stung.I think the poster was Bhuddist blue or something like that

Re: O/T another one for Gaffa - got a bird nest box full with honey bees - help?

Plan Bee then.

Don't tell me, you was playing the Bee side

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Don't tell me, you was playing the Bee side
    Beehave

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    We had a swarm a couple of years ago a poster gave me a number and the bee keeper came and collected them.They were amazing to watch and just got on with their business and none of us got stung.I think the poster was Bhuddist blue or something like that
    Brilliant. I got a real real buzz reading that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Brilliant. I got a real real buzz reading that.
    Good for you honey

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I had the same a few years ago in an old coal bunker in my garden where I store some wood. The bees were no problem, they built a hive and flew in and out all summer and didn't bother anyone. They didn't come back the following year. Different to Wasps, nasty buggers those

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I had the same a few years ago in an old coal bunker in my garden where I store some wood. The bees were no problem, they built a hive and flew in and out all summer and didn't bother anyone. They didn't come back the following year. Different to Wasps, nasty buggers those
    Wasps are my phobia.