+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fulhams crazy season ticket prices for next season

Re: Fulhams crazy season ticket prices for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Because most clubs are still losing money despite the TV riches. If fans are happy to pay high prices, the clubs will charge it. Change needs to happen, but fans need to boycott games. One season of low crowds and clubs will be forced to change. As it is, the grounds will be full weekly and clubs will think (or be excused) they have the prices spot on because of that. People find it difficult to justify not being "loyal" by stopping attending. It's a perfect mindset for wealthy capitalists to exploit.

Fans need to boycott games.... goodness you will be going mad if that happens after last seasons crowds...

That said, I agree with you, in so far as despite the T.V money clubs are STILL losing money. That’s why I think we should not overspend this season.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Cardiff's ticket prices are very good. But, do you think Cardiff could charge more and still sell 23000 season tickets? We won't know the answer but we do know South Wales is not affluent. Fulham is a different situation to Cardiff - maybe Wolves would be a fairer comparison?
    Wolverhampton is run down and failing as a place to live
    El terra negra has a fkd economy imo

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Wolverhampton is run down and failing as a place to live
    El terra negra has a fkd economy imo
    Last week Wolves sold 18,000

On the subject of season tickets , according to OTIB, the Bristol City messageboard, they have sold 14,000 which is similar to what we sold up to Xmas last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    When did they announce these prices - surely they haven't only just released them.

Are these the prices for new tickets, bearing in mind if they'd doubled the prices in March or April many wouldn't have renewed as they were likely to still be in the Championship.

Either way it's still taking the p!ss but maybe most of the original fans have renewed at lower prices?
    Where are our Fulham friends when we need them? If I had to guess, I'd say that they may have gone with early bird prices in the spring (I notice they had an early bird scheme for last season) and said adjusted prices would be announced as soon as they knew what division they were in for 18/19.

Cardiff's ticket prices are very good. But, do you think Cardiff could charge more and still sell 23000 season tickets? We won't know the answer but we do know South Wales is not affluent. Fulham is a different situation to Cardiff - maybe Wolves would be a fairer comparison?
    No I don't, but, for those who buy early bird season tickets every year, I'd be surprised if there's a better deal in next season's Premier League and I would have thought those who waited before buying are getting one of the better deals in the division as well - I know you don't like seeing this, but Tan and co should be credited for the support they have shown a fanbase, that I believe could definitely have supported the team better (at home anyway) during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Where are our Fulham friends when we need them? If I had to guess, I'd say that they may have gone with early bird prices in the spring (I notice they had an early bird scheme for last season) and said adjusted prices would be announced as soon as they knew what division they were in for 18/19.
    http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/ma...season-tickets

Early season ticket prices, so it looks like their new ST prices are for new STs, or those that didn't renew.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    The borough has a poverty rate of over 30% which is above the London average. Tucked away behind those affluent looking houses are a number of run down council estates which suffer some of the highest rates of deprivation in London.
    You seem to have missed my point. You have highlighted my reference to the UK and countered it with references to London, twice.

London, in particular that part of London, will suit your plastics / businessmen down to the ground as they can go and see all their favourite superstars relatively cheaply in a cosmopolitan surrounding.

It has been mentioned, albeit flippantly, that Fulham play an attractive way which is also a draw.

I suspect that there will have been incentives to buy season tickets in advance such as price freezes similar to our own, favouring fans in the short term, but long term if the side does well, prices will only go one way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Interesting you say that.

It looks like Fredericks is leaving and they have 6 players on loan.

I’d have thought Cairney will go to a bigger club, so they will actually have more work to do than us.

Given their mega rich owner you’d expect them to deal with it easily, but it’s not a given.
    Of the players on loan - Mitrovich is I guess the biggest - would the geordies want to sell to one of their rivals next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Of the players on loan - Mitrovich is I guess the biggest - would the geordies want to sell to one of their rivals next year?
    I reckon they would for around £14m.

His record for the Mags is ok (14 in 65 games) but he’s probably one of these strikers that is too good for the Championship and probably not quite good enough for the Premiership.

Hopefully some of our players can actually improve by playing in the Premiership.

It’s expensive and going to affect the ordinary working class family next season, majority would have renewed at early prices, it’s a massive own goal, pricing out the fans who have followed Fulham for years, and bringing in tourist fans, we will be a poor mans Chelsea, not good at all

Some clubs have learned the lesson of exploiting their long term fanbase...