Fulham.jpg

3rd cheapest is double what I paid

Re: Fulhams crazy season ticket prices for next season

Ouch!
    They’re steep, we’re very lucky

That’s about a week’s rent in a bedsit in Fulham

The combined price for me and my two kids STs is £150 less than one of their cheapest adult prices.

Rip off X 10

Who the feck do they think they are?

London init

Nice way to repay their fans!
    They are going to come straight back down

Supply and demand. If enough people want to pay those prices, then the club would be stupid not to charge them. Only way to deal with it is to not pay it. As soon as you pay, you lose the right to complain.

Affluent part of the UK.
    Small ground with less seats than would be customers.
    Owners see it as a chance to cash in.
    Probably be full of corporate businesses and plastics with some real fans priced out.

Survive a few seasons and could well be a sign of things to come here.

You have to remember that Fulham are one of the best footballing teams in the world and the pricing reflects that.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Supply and demand. If enough people want to pay those prices, then the club would be stupid not to charge them. Only way to deal with it is to not pay it. As soon as you pay, you lose the right to complain.
    Gate receipts are a relatively small source of income in the Premier League. Instead of squeezing as much money as you can manage out of your fans, how about keeping prices at a reasonable and affordable level so that less well off fans aren’t priced out of supporting their club.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Gate receipts are a relatively small source of income in the Premier League. Instead of squeezing as much money as you can manage out of your fans, how about keeping prices at a reasonable and affordable level so that less well off fans aren’t priced out of supporting their club.
    Because most clubs are still losing money despite the TV riches. If fans are happy to pay high prices, the clubs will charge it. Change needs to happen, but fans need to boycott games. One season of low crowds and clubs will be forced to change. As it is, the grounds will be full weekly and clubs will think (or be excused) they have the prices spot on because of that. People find it difficult to justify not being "loyal" by stopping attending. It's a perfect mindset for wealthy capitalists to exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Nice way to repay their fans!
    They are going to come straight back down
    Interesting you say that.

It looks like Fredericks is leaving and they have 6 players on loan.

I’d have thought Cairney will go to a bigger club, so they will actually have more work to do than us.

Given their mega rich owner you’d expect them to deal with it easily, but it’s not a given.

Anyone know how much they were paying this season?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Anyone know how much they were paying this season?
    http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/ma...season-tickets

How much does matchday revenue represent in the overall income for Premier League teams.

It depends what they were charged last season as to how much of a rip off it is. I imagine the average Fulham fan is taking home a lot more than the average Cardiff one

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Thanks, that's a very steep rise isn't it - virtually double in some cases. I daresay that, with their small capacity, Fulham will say that they need to do that to keep their gate receipts at around the same level as other Premier League clubs, but that doesn't wash with me.

Those figures reflect great credit on those in charge at Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Affluent part of the UK.
    Small ground with less seats than would be customers.
    Owners see it as a chance to cash in.
    Probably be full of corporate businesses and plastics with some real fans priced out.

Survive a few seasons and could well be a sign of things to come here.
    The borough has a poverty rate of over 30% which is above the London average. Tucked away behind those affluent looking houses are a number of run down council estates which suffer some of the highest rates of deprivation in London.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks, that's a very steep rise isn't it - virtually double in some cases. I daresay that, with their small capacity, Fulham will say that they need to do that to keep their gate receipts at around the same level as other Premier League clubs, but that doesn't wash with me.

Those figures reflect great credit on those in charge at Cardiff.
    Cardiff's ticket prices are very good. But, do you think Cardiff could charge more and still sell 23000 season tickets? We won't know the answer but we do know South Wales is not affluent. Fulham is a different situation to Cardiff - maybe Wolves would be a fairer comparison?

Cardiff's ticket prices are very good. But, do you think Cardiff could charge more and still sell 23000 season tickets? We won't know the answer but we do know South Wales is not affluent. Fulham is a different situation to Cardiff - maybe Wolves would be a fairer comparison?
    NO

But I'm guessing you will get a free clappy thing at games, just so you can create some kind of atmosphere!

Quote Originally Posted by speedyblue View Post
    But I'm guessing you will get a free clappy thing at games, just so you can create some kind of atmosphere!
    Dearest pies in the league as well

I think it’s just as much about limited space in the ground as it is the area being affluent. They must only have about 16-18000 season tickets on sale.

When did they announce these prices - surely they haven't only just released them.

Are these the prices for new tickets, bearing in mind if they'd doubled the prices in March or April many wouldn't have renewed as they were likely to still be in the Championship.

Either way it's still taking the p!ss but maybe most of the original fans have renewed at lower prices?