+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loris Karius: Liverpool keeper concussed during Champions League final - doctors

Loris Karius: Liverpool keeper concussed during Champions League final - doctors

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44363648

PR at work or just BS at work ? Yankee doctors too !!!!!

Re: Loris Karius: Liverpool keeper concussed during Champions League final - doctors

Ramos gonna Ramos

Re: Loris Karius: Liverpool keeper concussed during Champions League final - doctors

What an excuse.

Having doctors unable to diagnose a concussion, leaving a player with a concussion on the pitch would land the scousers in the shit...

Concussion didn't cause Benzema's goal, that was stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    What an excuse.

Having doctors unable to diagnose a concussion, leaving a player with a concussion on the pitch would land the scousers in the shit...
    Being the old cynic that I am , Liverpools American owners will be dealing with this in the best way possible, that suits them $$$$$

Best excuse since the dog ate my homework!

Some of the replies on the SSN twitter

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/st...590588929?s=21

What an excuse.

Karius didn't make a meal of it and didn't receive any treatment if I recall correctly. Most didn't see the elbow until after the game.

Breaking news: Liverpool are asking for a replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Breaking news: Liverpool are asking for a replay.
    They have more chance getting a refund for the doctors report I reckon.

Here we go again everyone's fault but our own , woe is me , why us , pity us , we could have a special Karius day each year ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Here we go again everyone's fault but our own , woe is me , why us , pity us , we could have a special Karius day each year ?
    That's not what's being said is it? You make it sound like Liverpool always do this - do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    That's not what's being said is it? You make it sound like Liverpool always do this - do they?
    I was waiting for someone to make the "always the victim" style joke. I don't get it either, does it stem from Hillsborough?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I was waiting for someone to make the "always the victim" style joke. I don't get it either, does it stem from Hillsborough?
    Think it's been around longer than that. I know there were Liverpool fans who didn't like the way they they and their club were treated after Heysel, but I've never understood it either.

That’s not what is being said though is it?
    You’ve made yourself look a bit foolish here fair play by regurtatbv lazy cliches without reading the story properly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I find that goal unbelievable. Benzema was right in front of him. Bale's second was a bad error but that goal was something else entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I find that goal unbelievable. Benzema was right in front of him. Bale's second was a bad error but that goal was something else entirely.
    Brain glitch. We all do stupid shit at times, just his was witnessed by millions and actually mattered.

The second bale goal is just poor keeping, doesn't get his body behind it right, doesn't get his hands in the right position, just awful concentration.

Seems to me that all the long hair lovers of Liverpool are hurting badly I havent even seen any highlights of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Brain glitch. We all do stupid shit at times, just his was witnessed by millions and actually mattered.
    The second bale goal is just poor keeping, doesn't get his body behind it right, doesn't get his hands in the right position, just awful concentration.
    I'm undecided about the truth of this matter. After watching three play-off finals, I thought none of those six goalies would have made the mistakes Karius made. But then I remembered those two goalies who similarly failed to deal with Bale's long shots on Wales' way to the European Championships. So, exactly this sort of error can and did happen.

I'd also like to know how Karius performed overall after the Ramos incident. Was he flakey/shakey? If so, that might be evidence of concussion. If not........

Concussion in sport is a big current issue, its an issue that people look at the sport and because the injury is not immediately obvious, you have the player and fans expecting the player to carry on. You only have to look at the attitude within this thread.

The studies currently going on within sports about the consequences of repeated concussion injuries are shocking, especially in american sports where the study is based.

As an amateur coach you feel a bit helpless where you see a professional player, surrounded by a professional medical team, and 100s of cameras documenting his every move, can continue to play a large percentage of a football match with a concussion injury.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think it's been around longer than that. I know there were Liverpool fans who didn't like the way they they and their club were treated after Heysel, but I've never understood it either.
    Wasn't Heysel Chelsea's fault after they bought tickets and went over to cause trouble ( apparently )

Just as mental illness was mocked for so long, now concussion is being mocked. I heard Chris Sutton on the radio saying that he should have kept this to himself and not used it as an excuse. That's backward thinking and I hope clubs will learn from this because he was clearly affected by whatever happened to him.

FIFPro have already said that they will release a video to all clubs showing players how to recognise the signs of concussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I'm undecided about the truth of this matter. After watching three play-off finals, I thought none of those six goalies would have made the mistakes Karius made. But then I remembered those two goalies who similarly failed to deal with Bale's long shots on Wales' way to the European Championships. So, exactly this sort of error can and did happen.

I'd also like to know how Karius performed overall after the Ramos incident. Was he flakey/shakey? If so, that might be evidence of concussion. If not........
    He'd played pretty well up to the elbow which adds to the theory

If you like at the amount the ball moves after Bale shoots it becomes apparent why keepers have problems with apparently innocuous shots from him

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Just as mental illness was mocked for so long, now concussion is being mocked. I heard Chris Sutton on the radio saying that he should have kept this to himself and not used it as an excuse. That's backward thinking and I hope clubs will learn from this because he was clearly affected by whatever happened to him.

FIFPro have already said that they will release a video to all clubs showing players how to recognise the signs of concussion.
    They might not be able to catch the ball every time?

What an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Best excuse since the dog ate my homework!
    Glad we’ve got the resident concussion experts on today!