+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loris Karius: Liverpool keeper concussed during Champions League final - doctors

Re: Loris Karius: Liverpool keeper concussed during Champions League final - doctors

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Wasn't Heysel Chelsea's fault after they bought tickets and went over to cause trouble ( apparently )
    The Liverpool chairman said that at the time and it was part of what is generally perceived as a lot of blame-shifting concerning Heysel. I assume it's a contributory factor to the 'always the victims, it's never your fault' chant although I don't remember hearing the chant before the Suarez/Evra affair, which Liverpool handled spectacularly badly. When Man Utd fans have sung it there's been an assumed link with Hillsborough but Everton fans have sung it too so there must be more to it than that (surely Everton fans can't be that stupid?).

Re: Loris Karius: Liverpool keeper concussed during Champions League final - doctors

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Wasn't Heysel Chelsea's fault after they bought tickets and went over to cause trouble ( apparently )
    That was the lie Liverpool spread.
    Chairman claimed it, councillor ( later to head a Hillsborough campaign group ) claimed it.

That's why there's so much anger in Italy that it took so long to admit their culpability. Yes, there is much irony there.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    The Liverpool chairman said that at the time and it was part of what is generally perceived as a lot of blame-shifting concerning Heysel. I assume it's a contributory factor to the 'always the victims, it's never your fault' chant although I don't remember hearing the chant before the Suarez/Evra affair, which Liverpool handled spectacularly badly. When Man Utd fans have sung it there's been an assumed link with Hillsborough but Everton fans have sung it too so there must be more to it than that (surely Everton fans can't be that stupid?).
    Evra got booed and Liverpool fans chanted "lying bastard" at him this season. The Ramos thing as well, 500k signatures, give it a rest. Liverpool fans are a special breed. https://twitter.com/howiehok3434/sta...83431596105728 This was taken from the Anfield Wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think it's been around longer than that. I know there were Liverpool fans who didn't like the way they they and their club were treated after Heysel, but I've never understood it either.
    They do at times not help themselves , recently they decided to storm, a bus , in a time where we thought they were beyond this behavior in a European competition ,what concerns me the same people who are fully aware of football tragedies probably more any other fans , yes they join in memorials to those awful moments ,and rightly so , however they are still they capable in their thousands of creating unsafe fan actions and behaviors ?