Don't pretend you're not watching.

Who's the fittest then??

Re: Love island

Not sure we're the target market to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

Who's the fittest then??
    I can honestly say I've never watched a reality show in my life ,if that was all that was on I'd not have a television on any kind of subscription .

Can't say I am watching it.
    Watching the new Westworld episode at the mo.

Nor me. Just trying to catch you all out

Blonde lass from Liverpool is a spice.

More tits in Westworld.

Who's the fittest then??
    Do they get them out?

Who's the fittest then??
    Never watched any reality shit like that. Don't intend to, either.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I can honestly say I've never watched a reality show in my life ,if that was all that was on I'd not have a television on any kind of subscription .
    - they're called "reality" shows, but there's nothing real about them at all, everyone is playing at being someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Never watched any reality shit like that. Don't intend to, either.
    I used to watch Big Brother in the early days as it was a new concept of tv show. It brought people out of their comfort zone (similar to these character building courses which firms send their employees on) showing their true colours which appealed.

You are right though that show, and subsequent 'reality' shows are shit.

Most participants see it as a way to become famous (or resurrect an ailing career) and in some cases it seems to have worked.

There is one bird who has her own show from being on such a show. Mind boggling!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    - they're called "reality" shows, but there's nothing real about them at all, everyone is playing at being someone.
    Much of TV is jammed up and artifice abounds. Even Dragon's Den. Someone I know was asked to increase the money they were seeking and the feedback from the Dragons was heavily edited for maximum effect whilst making the 'pitcher' a bit stupid. And don't even start me on 'nodding donkey' shots. As for the so-called reality programmes they are sheer pleb fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Much of TV is jammed up and artifice abounds. Even Dragon's Den. Someone I know was asked to increase the money they were seeking and the feedback from the Dragons was heavily edited for maximum effect whilst making the 'pitcher' a bit stupid. And don't even start me on 'nodding donkey' shots. As for the so-called reality programmes they are sheer pleb fodder.
    I had to take my wife to A and E last year. A crew were filming "Extreme A and E" looking for people with saucepans stuck up their posterior or similar. Not sure why the guy opposite us was in A and E ....but he did have two large and non matching Disney slippers on so was deemed suitable filming material. Both in A and E reception and outside the cubicles he was told repeatedly to do something again, say this, say that, look XYZ when you hear this said. All a complete set up. Not sure if the programme ever made it to air. But if it did..... you may have spotted a sneaky background Ayatollah��.And as for that dating programme on ITV.... all a fix as my daughter's mate went on it and the pairs are decided in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    More tits in Westworld.
    More tits on here.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Tv at its worst .

Someone must be watching them .

Perhaps its those bloody plebs.......

Weird people get so snobby over what tv people watch. Reality tv like love island isn't my cup of tea but not watching it doesn't make you more intelligent than someone who does. People have different interests, it's weird how insecure people use that as a way of putting others down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    More tits on here.
    See, we can agree on some things.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Weird people get so snobby over what tv people watch. Reality tv like love island isn't my cup of tea but not watching it doesn't make you more intelligent than someone who does. People have different interests, it's weird how insecure people use that as a way of putting others down.
    Yeah, luckily you don't get snobby about anything. I mean, you'd never try to down an opinion/thread by saying something as snotty as "Saturday night ffs"

I thought I typed 'hammed' and not 'jammed'

TBG, Krakow

Its the only reality tv I watch. I got into it last year because my ex watched it. Detested it at the start, but they throw some good twists in it. It's actually entertaining. You don't have to like the contestants to enjoy it. In fact it makes it better seeing the the ones you despise squirm. There's worse things on TV.

People who don't watch stuff are weird?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Yeah, luckily you don't get snobby about anything. I mean, you'd never try to down an opinion/thread by saying something as snotty as "Saturday night ffs"
    Im not being snobby I’m calling you a sad ****

People who don't watch stuff are weird?
    Read it again pal, maybe you can find another excuse to mention your most recent holiday then too

Read it again pal, maybe you can find another excuse to mention your most recent holiday then too
    I read it again, thanks.

And where did I say people who don’t watch stuff are weird?

I said people who think not watching something makes them superior to others are weird. Some of the people in this thread who are trying to act superior over not watching it are some of the thickest people on this board ffs.

Ive never watched an episode of it my self but there’s a 2 page thread on Star Wars on here. Neither of them are much more highbrow than the other I’m sure.