Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Love island

Re: Love island

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Im not being snobby I’m calling you a sad ****
    Ah, so snobbery is selective!

Read it again pal, maybe you can find another excuse to mention your most recent holiday then too
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue
    People have different interests, it's weird how insecure people use that as a way of putting others down.

Sorry for putting down your interest of staying in every Saturday night and posting the same 4 comments on the messageboard of a team you don’t support.

Sorry for putting down your interest of staying in every Saturday night and posting the same 4 comments on the messageboard of a team you don’t support.
    Touchy...

Haven't seen it for years. I used to love that midget fella shouting "The plane, the plane" when they used to arrive on the island. What was his name?

And where did I say people who don’t watch stuff are weird?

I said people who think not watching something makes them superior to others are weird. Some of the people in this thread who are trying to act superior over not watching it are some of the thickest people on this board ffs.

Ive never watched an episode of it my self but there’s a 2 page thread on Star Wars on here. Neither of them are much more highbrow than the other I’m sure.
    A bit of levity is lost on here sometimes.

croesy looks like he is about to do a croesy ....

That Dani Dyer is a sort.

And where did I say people who don’t watch stuff are weird?

I said people who think not watching something makes them superior to others are weird. Some of the people in this thread who are trying to act superior over not watching it are some of the thickest people on this board ffs.

Ive never watched an episode of it my self but there’s a 2 page thread on Star Wars on here. Neither of them are much more highbrow than the other I’m sure.
    I don't think anyone has professed superiority in this thread, the genie bloke does seem to like to tell us his next destination, but that's ok, it does provoke some decent stuff and can be informative. Anyway, back to love island and the like. I think that shit like that is ok in small doses, like anything else in life, we indulge, it's ok as long as people are watching and reading other stuff that isn't escapism, fantasy and utter dross. It becomes an issue (in my opinion) when these kind of programmes, crappy literature etc, become the dominant form of entertainment in a persons life. Far be it for me to generalise, but I've never met an informed or interesting person who predominantly divulges in this kind of stuff. It's about balance. Either end of the cultural spectrum can act or sound like 'Plebs' it's not exclusive to the non-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Haven't seen it for years. I used to love that midget fella shouting "The plane, the plane" when they used to arrive on the island. What was his name?
    Gary Medel?

Rhondda born girl going in tonight. She anyone's daughter off here?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Gary Medel?
    I've just realised that you're right. It was Gary Medel! That show must have given him his big break in football, he used to jump pretty high when that plane was coming in, clearly managers saw the potential in signing him as a defender.

For reasons I cannot begin to fathom, I was going to answer with Passepartout (I know there was a character in Around the World in Eighty Days with that name), turns out I was completely wrong

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herv%C3%A9_Villechaize

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    For reasons I cannot begin to fathom, I was going to answer with Passepartout (I know there was a character in Around the World in Eighty Days with that name), turns out I was completely wrong

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herv%C3%A9_Villechaize
    I notice it says his ashes were "sprinkled" into the Pacific Ocean.

Utter crock of SHITE