+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Done deal Hammers site reporting

Re: Done deal Hammers site reporting

I don't know if he's the player we need, but I always feared us coming up against him as he normally produced.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'm not sure I've ever read such a flawed argument in my life.

Until the last season always thought he was class. But when I saw him for Villa, he failed to impress.

Now this might be down to being at odds with managers and could be corrected by his old mukka, Warlock. On the other hand, at his age, he 's certainly past his best.

I'd take him, provided the fee is low and his wages are not excessive. If this is not the case, drop it.

We best not bid for Fabianski, the Ayew brothers, Mawson, Joe Allen, Butland, Foster, Livermore et al then, Bluetit will have a fit!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    So, they failed at the first step, then they failed at the second step.

Why are fans so keen to sign losers ?

It's the same when teams get relegated, a lot of fans start screaming, "sign him, sign him", for f ucks sake the fella just got relegated.
    Like we signed marshal from relegated Norwich ( I think it was Norwich)

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Autocorrect has ruined my athleitco point 🤦🏻*♂️
    Yea they also won the Europa league.

Interesting point on Snodgrass
    Slaven Bilic was manager and was farmed out on loan for the next season, but not before there was the venting of a lot of bad blood both ways on behalf of the Hammers' hierarchy and the player himself, ultimately ending in a situation where a return to West Ham United was all but impossible.
    Seems they do want rid of no matter what the new manager wants

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Yea they also won the Europa league.
    **** of course, a month is a long time in my head

**** of course, a month is a long time in my head
    :) besides that thought your point was bang on

Would be a very good signing

Neil is going to set us up as hard to beat next year with a defence that will sit deep to try and stop the flair players of teams (and they all have them in PL) a midfield of workaholics to close down space (Ralls is so important next season) and pace up front.

Set plays will be vital

Snodgrass will be utterly vital to this plan

I don't doubt this story for a minute - I believe Neil knows what he's doing and Snodgrass is a archetypal Warnock signing. He's even said so about his time at Leeds.

He didn't play well in the P/O final but he was more responsible for getting them there than that show pony Grealish

It's the same when teams get relegated, a lot of fans start screaming, "sign him, sign him", for f ucks sake the fella just got relegated.
    Like when we signed Marshall and Hudson.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Would be a very good signing

Neil is going to set us up as hard to beat next year with a defence that will sit deep to try and stop the flair players of teams (and they all have them in PL) a midfield of workaholics to close down space (Ralls is so important next season) and pace up front.

Set plays will be vital

Snodgrass will be utterly vital to this plan

I don't doubt this story for a minute - I believe Neil knows what he's doing and Snodgrass is a archetypal Warnock signing. He's even said so about his time at Leeds.

He didn't play well in the P/O final but he was more responsible for getting them there than that show pony Grealish
    THIS

Getting 14 assists is amazing, the fact villa didn’t have enough goals to get them over the line shouldn’t be on one player. Grealish is being looked at by Newcastle and Everton should they not sign him because villa didn’t go up?

It’s one of the stupidest lines of reasoning I’ve ever seen. Athleticism didn’t win anything this season does that mean teams shouldn’t sign Griezmann? Did we sign a loser when we signed Marshall from relegated Norwich?
    They did win the europa league

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Interesting point on Snodgrass
    Slaven Bilic was manager and was farmed out on loan for the next season, but not before there was the venting of a lot of bad blood both ways on behalf of the Hammers' hierarchy and the player himself, ultimately ending in a situation where a return to West Ham United was all but impossible.
    Seems they do want rid of no matter what the new manager wants
    Snodgrass turned up and claims Bilic didn't know where he played. He was signed to placate the fans, on the cheap, after losing Payet. Failing out with Brady, Sullivan and Gold is understandable as well.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...t-ham-11077724

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Like we signed marshal from relegated Norwich ( I think it was Norwich)
    Mark Hudson had been relegated from the Championship with Charlton when we signed him.

Getting 14 assists is amazing, the fact villa didn’t have enough goals to get them over the line shouldn’t be on one player. Grealish is being looked at by Newcastle and Everton should they not sign him because villa didn’t go up?

It’s one of the stupidest lines of reasoning I’ve ever seen. Athleticism didn’t win anything this season does that mean teams shouldn’t sign Griezmann? Did we sign a loser when we signed Marshall from relegated Norwich?
    Oh look, we all make a mistake now and then

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'm not sure I've ever read such a flawed argument in my life.
    It's not written in stone, but why oh why are fans keen to sign relegated players. Not all are bad, BUT they got relegated for a reason, did they not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Snodgrass has got 3 promotions, and has played for 3/4 seasons in the top flight, and done pretty well. Especially for Hull and Norwich. He's not my first choice but I don't know who you want us to sign. If we can't sign the best Championship players, or the worst Premier League players, we need starting Prem players that haven't gone down and they cost serious money.
    He's also frigging 30 and getting slower, plus the cheat dives and I hate cheats.

Autocorrect has ruined my athleitco point ����*♂️
    Na, I reckon it made it.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    David Marshall.
    Exception to the rule and I will admit there are some true finds out there, but not Snotgrass

Didn't Scott Parker get relegated and win footballer of the year?
    Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    We best not bid for Fabianskiyes, the Ayew brothersNO, MawsonNO, Joe AllenYES, ButlandLiverpool, FosterNa, Livermoreperhaps et al then, Bluetit will have a fit!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Like when we signed Marshall and Hudson.
    See exceptions to the rule
    Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    THIS

Your point was don’t sign him because he’s a loser who finished 4th, no one would have said anything if you said he’s too old or too slow but your point about not signing him because Villa finished 4th is ridiculous.

It’s like saying no one should sign any Liverpool or spurs players because they’re losers.

Your point was don’t sign him because he’s a loser who finished 4th, no one would have said anything if you said he’s too old or too slow but your point about not signing him because Villa finished 4th is ridiculous.

It’s like saying no one should sign any Liverpool or spurs players because they’re losers.
    Na, I don't wanna sign him because he cheats and I don't like cheats. + he's shite, is what I said.

Nope you said that.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Would be an instant fans favourite, does the things fans love and does the things opposition fans hate
    Yep. Always hated him, especially when he's played against us.

Having said that, if he's wearing a bluebirds shirt he'll have my support.

It's not written in stone, but why oh why are fans keen to sign relegated players. Not all are bad, BUT they got relegated for a reason, did they not.

Clubs get relegated for a variety of reasons and I'd say that quality of players is, more often than not, not the reason.

I look at last season's premier league and would say that the best players in the teams 14th, 15th and 16th are worse than the best players from 18th, 19th or 20th.

Generally players are much of a muchness in the bottom half. What makes the difference is the marginal gains and that's not player ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Until the last season always thought he was class. But when I saw him for Villa, he failed to impress.

Now this might be down to being at odds with managers and could be corrected by his old mukka, Warlock. On the other hand, at his age, he 's certainly past his best.

I'd take him, provided the fee is low and his wages are not excessive. If this is not the case, drop it.
    I'm sure he'll put a spell on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Great signing if true.
    Makes things happen
    Good work rate
    Critically he is a threat at set pieces- we will need that next season.
    I can't be arsed looking, but how many assists did he have for Cilla last season, as it didn't HAPPEN for them !!!
    Take it that's assists ?

Still didn't help Cilla, did it. ?
    Nope you said that.
    I got bored with just saying he was shite and a cheat, so I expanded a little

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...nodgrass/page2
    I said this on 2nd June 2018 and I stick by it, the fella is a cheat and shite POST 32

Why’ve you left out the reply where someone posted that he got loads of assists and helped Villa to a playoff final?

Then you went on your weird relegated players and failure rant. Fair enough if you don’t think he’s good enough but being on the losing side in a playoff final would be a weird reason not to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Clubs get relegated for a variety of reasons and I'd say that quality of players is, more often than not, not the reason.

I look at last season's premier league and would say that the best players in the teams 14th, 15th and 16th are worse than the best players from 18th, 19th or 20th.

Generally players are much of a muchness in the bottom half. What makes the difference is the marginal gains and that's not player ability.
    Exactly players like Pickford got relegated in a terrible Sunderland team but then moved for 30 million and is England’s number 1. Similar will happen with Butland too.

There are about 10 players at Stoke and West Brom who’d do a job for us too.