+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Done deal Hammers site reporting

Re: Done deal Hammers site reporting

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why’ve you left out the reply where someone posted that he got loads of assists and helped Villa to a playoff final?

Then you went on your weird relegated players and failure rant. Fair enough if you don’t think he’s good enough but being on the losing side in a playoff final would be a weird reason not to sign him.
    How I printed all that off I'll never know , right pleased with myself

I just hate cheats, if I'm watching a game where I am a neutral, as soon as someone cheats, I want the other side to win.

Deli Ali is another cheating tw^t I would not want anywhere near any team I watch.

"There are about 10 players at Stoke and West Brom who’d do a job for us too."

What job would that be ? Get us RELEGATED as well

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

I just hate cheats, if I'm watching a game where I am a neutral, as soon as someone cheats, I want the other side to win.

Deli Ali is another cheating tw^t I would not want anywhere near any team I watch.
    Every footballer cheats

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Every footballer cheats
    Is the correct answer. Some just have a reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Is the correct answer. Some just have a reputation.
    If I had the opportunity to score Maradona's 1st goal or 2nd goal in the last minute of a cup final against Swansea I would probably choose the 1st goal.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    If I had the opportunity to score Maradona's 1st goal or 2nd goal in the last minute of a cup final against Swansea I would probably choose the 1st goal.

I spoke to a West Ham ST holder this morning about him

By all accounts Snodgrass was pissed off when Sullivan kids announced ( on social media ) they begged dad to not sign Snodgrass, he had a rant and then was farmed out on loan and will never play for WHU again

What a strange situation

Snodgrass was great at Leeds, good at Norwich and Hull and impressive at Villa. The disrespect shown to him by David Sullivan's kids is symptomatic of the mindset at WHUFC - they are deluded in believing that they should be a permanent fixture near the top of the top table.

Like many I've seen Snodgrass play dozens of times on telly and a few times live. His delivery from set pieces is superb, he's a hard worker, an intelligent player and has scored over 100 goals in his career. Last October I watched Scotland's 2-2 draw with Slovenia that meant that the Scots failed to qualify for the World Cup finals. As soon as Snodgrass came on he scored and was very unlucky not to score the winner.

If we sign him he will definitely strengthen our squad. He has a lot of Premier League experience and hopefully could be good mates with Paterson too.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Getting 14 assists is amazing, the fact villa didn’t have enough goals to get them over the line shouldn’t be on one player. Grealish is being looked at by Newcastle and Everton should they not sign him because villa didn’t go up?

It’s one of the stupidest lines of reasoning I’ve ever seen. Athleticism didn’t win anything this season does that mean teams shouldn’t sign Griezmann? Did we sign a loser when we signed Marshall from relegated Norwich?
    Didn't people moan when we bought Hudson as well because the Charlton side he was in had just been relegated??

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Didn't people moan when we bought Hudson as well because the Charlton side he was in had just been relegated??
    Yeah, three guesses who one of them probably was

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Snodgrass was great at Leeds, good at Norwich and Hull and impressive at Villa. The disrespect shown to him by David Sullivan's kids is symptomatic of the mindset at WHUFC - they are deluded in believing that they should be a permanent fixture near the top of the top table.

Like many I've seen Snodgrass play dozens of times on telly and a few times live. His delivery from set pieces is superb, he's a hard worker, an intelligent player and has scored over 100 goals in his career. Last October I watched Scotland's 2-2 draw with Slovenia that meant that the Scots failed to qualify for the World Cup finals. As soon as Snodgrass came on he scored and was very unlucky not to score the winner.

If we sign him he will definitely strengthen our squad. He has a lot of Premier League experience and hopefully could be good mates with Paterson too.
    I agree with much of what you say. People say Snodgrass is losing pace, I'm not sure about that because he didn't have much of it in the first place. For a long time, City were seriously short of attacking pace, that situation has been put right now, but I would say at some cost to the amount of guile in the team - Snodgrass would provide some of that.

Na, I don't wanna sign him because he cheats and I don't like cheats.
    Don't watch Patterson play then, he gets 3 or 4 "head injuries" a game.

This deal has not happened and will not happen. Snodgrass is on £60k a week at West Ham; Aston Villa paid him £42k with West Ham funding the balance. Surely we are not in the market for players earning that much:

Extract from Mail article about Aston Villa finances:

"Villa were also paying £42,000 of Robert Snodgrass’ £60,000 during his season-long loan from West Ham."

Must have hated Bothroyd and Chopra then

I'm more than happy to have a team of shithouses and horrible bastards to be honest