+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff to be beaten by Preston in fight for Ipswich keeper.

Cardiff to be beaten by Preston in fight for Ipswich keeper.

Would have been third choice if he'd come here I'm sure - I saw him a few times playing for Ipswich in Under 23 and Under 18 matches and he was one of the better keepers around at those levels in my opinion.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/33785

Blue in the Face

Re: Cardiff to be beaten by Preston in fight for Ipswich keeper.

Posted at the same time too! I've only seen him twice and he's looked good. Big chap. Better for Wales that he has a better chance of playing at Preston though.

Billy O'Brien who was Man City's DVP no.1 for ages and was always ahead of Crowe for the Welsh u21s is still a free agent I believe. Same age. Looked as good, though not much over 6ft. But he hasn't had many takers which I suppose could be a bad sign. Might be worth a look. Also 22.

Blue in the Face

Re: Cardiff to be beaten by Preston in fight for Ipswich keeper.

Michael Crowe: Preston North End sign ex-Ipswich Town goalkeeper
    www.bbc.com/sport/football/44383006

Preston North End have signed former Ipswich Town goalkeeper Michael Crowe on a two-year deal.

The 22-year-old was released by the Suffolk club last month having failed to make a first-team appearance.

He was called up into the Wales squad for the China Cup games against China and Uruguay in March, but did not play.

Crowe, who came through the Ipswich academy, has played 10 games in the National League during loan spells with Braintree Town and Woking.

"The Championship is one of the hardest leagues in the world," Crowe told the Preston website.

"There are a lot of games, a lot of tough games where it is so evenly matched, but hopefully we can push on this season, really step up and hopefully at least get into the play-offs.

"I am looking forward to getting into the dressing room. I have been at Ipswich for a long time, so I am ready for the new challenge and meeting new people."