Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Cardiff based thieves end of :angry
    What happened?

Re: Admiral Car Insurance - robbing B**t**ds

Doing great things for employment in south Wales if that's any consolation

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Doing great things for employment in south Wales if that's any consolation
    I've heard they are a good company to work for.

I know. Every year I do the soft shoe shuffle and get on the comparison sites and they are always at least 200 notes more expensive than the top ten (cheapest) comparisons. This year was no different (last month) so I decides to skip the comparison sites as I'm Welsh and want to give my money to a company that offers good, well paid employment to Welshmen and Women. Filled in the online form and hey, guess what? 250 notes more expensive than on comparison sites, I have never had and accident or claim in 49 years. I've concluded they just don't like me, so I have to spend elswhere.

They are, though, the only company that penalises people who have been on "Speed Awareness Courses".

Car insurance is unbelievably high priced when you consider cost of cars. Problem is no point just being 3rd party as it's hardly any cheaper than comprehensive. ( I do not or have never worked for them may I add )

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    They should be nationalised by the WAG

Well that move will fk em for sure

They do a much better rate on car finance than motorpoint though.

Perhaps we should at in another way ,knowing our money is going too young Welsh peoples pockets,employs six thousand people in Wales.
    Think it's the only Welsh Top 100 FTSE company .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Perhaps we should at in another way ,knowing our money is going too young Welsh peoples pockets,employs six thousand people in Wales.
    Think it's the only Welsh Top 100 FTSE company .
    Yep im all up for being Loyal, trouble is Admiral are not that loyal to their existing customers so i looked around and got my insurance £400 cheaper this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Yep im all up for being Loyal, trouble is Admiral are not that loyal to their existing customers so i looked around and got my insurance £400 cheaper this year.
    No insurance companies are loyal they count on a percentage of people that cannot be bothered to switch and milk them.

I was with Admiral they were the best insurance company i have dealt with, all issues were dealt with, with no additional charges and they were easy to get hold of on the phone, call centers were excellent, after 2 years with them the price went too high and i left.

Its simply a quirk of the insurance trade.

IMHO all insurance companies are robbing B**t**ds

been stiffed 3 times by them now

Up until 2 years ago I had no issues with Admiral, in fact it was the longest I had held my motor insurance with the same company. Something seems to have changed then though and they started the renewal quote nonsense of dramatically increasing their premiums for no reason but suddenly dropping it back down when you say you will switch.
    I am now giving Direct Line a go, no problems at my first renewal. Admiral will be pretty low on the list if I ever have the need to change again.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Up until 2 years ago I had no issues with Admiral, in fact it was the longest I had held my motor insurance with the same company. Something seems to have changed then though and they started the renewal quote nonsense of dramatically increasing their premiums for no reason but suddenly dropping it back down when you say you will switch.
    I am now giving Direct Line a go, no problems at my first renewal. Admiral will be pretty low on the list if I ever have the need to change again.
    I am noticing that insurance companies are now being reasonable on the first renewal and then hike on the 2nd. Its happened on my last couple of home and car insurance policies.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Car insurance is unbelievably high priced when you consider cost of cars. Problem is no point just being 3rd party as it's hardly any cheaper than comprehensive. ( I do not or have never worked for them may I add )
    Its not just the cost of repairing/replacing your own car that influences premiums though. Its the damage to other vehicles and injuries/deaths caused during 'accidents' that drives it way up. Unfortunately reasonable drivers pay the price for the many idiots who are on the road who couldn't give a flying **** about anybody else. I see examples of this every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    What happened?
    Cancelled my cover when I was away - then charged me £60 cancellation fee and then put the same premium up a £100

Left them earlier in the year. No explanation or attempt to justify an increase for my son from £900 to £1300 "must be the area you live in". Got like for like cover for £600. Moved my wifes under the same deal, reduced from £200 to £120. Yet 12 months earlier they were the best deal.

Yeah, was with Admiral. Was smashed into when stopped at lights ( by a jack no less ).

Admiral were great in terms of paying out... but when the quote remained £900+ for the next year, thought sod it when similar cover was a lot, lot less.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I've heard they are a good company to work for.
    I've heard they were.

Never been great for pay, but the shares they awarded staff were generous which made up for it. Speaking to someone who recently left there, and he said they've stopped giving shares and the pay is still relatively low compared to other employers.

Second year with Admiral and they reduced my renewal premium by over £200, well happy with them.

Apparently, many car insurers will charge you a different premium if you give a slightly different job title. https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/in...picker/#legit2

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Cardiff based thieves end of :angry
    Chris. Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with Admiral. We have just renewed.
    We have two cars and house insurance with them at what we consider a very good price.