+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tories doing a great job of running trains in northern England

Tories doing a great job of running trains in northern England

Chris grayling , the homophobic , is doing a grand job in Leeds , Manchester and the great Northern powerhouse

Massive debts , millions to be be paid out in delay compensation

It's a Thatcherite dream

Nationalise the trains now , as it is it's foriegn trains and and profit sectioned off to Europe

Re: Tories doing a great job of running trains in northern England

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Chris grayling , the homophobic , is doing a grand job in Leeds , Manchester and the great Northern powerhouse

Massive debts , millions to be be paid out in delay compensation

It's a Thatcherite dream

Nationalise the trains now , as it is it's foriegn trains and and profit sectioned off to Europe
    An honourable mention for George Osborne

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Network Rail is the main problem, not completing work on time, whoever owns them needs sorting out once and for all, ****ing joke

Problem is the Government, they split it up to allow A, to Blame B, to blame C, one organisation, one control, one accountability reporting to the transport minister, it's not difficult. British Rail was a bit of a basket case for sure but the solution has proven to be x 10 the disaster it was under British Rail. Nowt wrong with making a profit but this has been greed taken to another level, the whole transport infrastructure in the UK is abysmal for a country which harps on about being the world's top 5 economy. With Brexit around the corner, would you really really really trust this brigade ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Problem is the Government, they split it up to allow A, to Blame B, to blame C, one organisation, one control, one accountability reporting to the transport minister, it's not difficult. British Rail was a bit of a basket case for sure but the solution has proven to be x 10 the disaster it was under British Rail. Nowt wrong with making a profit but this has been greed taken to another level, the whole transport infrastructure in the UK is abysmal for a country which harps on about being the world's top 5 economy. With Brexit around the corner, would you really really really trust this brigade ?
    I remember the giddy days of British Rail ,it was not good and I don't think its as bad as its is now , I actually think the services I use via great western , valley lines , is excellent ,good value and seems like more trains that before .

I do believe we need a new nationalization strategy , root and branch sort out of network rail ,and its contracts and values .

New rail public owned rails services by region , that delivers a self financing model , regional pay by performances , an industry that is not allowed to develop into a national unionized body that simply strikes when any modernization /improvement is put forward and stop the wages for disruption strikes .

Some think the answer is to nationalise , well the Govt did that with Network Rail, they re nationalised it. How did that work out then - was it the economic, service driven, Govt owned success as clamoured for by some ?

How about here in Wales, the WAG said that when Arriva Trains Wales licence is up they were going to take it back into being WAG owned etc - as demanded by some (you know who you are) - who did the WAG give the licence to recently ?

Yes that's right - For the Wales and Borders rail service - the biggest ever contract awarded in Wales worth billions of pounds to run the trains and deliver the next phase of the Metro project has gone to KeolisAmey.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/busine...ales--14692626

Who are KeolisAmey ? - Are they owned by the WAG - no - they are :-

Keolis - The largest private sector French transport group. It runs passenger railways, tramways, bus networks, funiculars, trolley buses, and airport services. Based in Paris, Keolis is 70%-owned by the SNCF (French National Railways Corporation)

Amey - a subsidiary of Spanish company Ferrovial

So then what happened to the dream of trains being 'state owned' run by the WAG ? free from overseas controlled companies like Arriva Trains Wales
    The above does not bother me and it pays good wages to Welsh people and delivers in the main a bloody good service and , it starts early 5ish and finishes at 11ish nearly 3 or 4 trains and hour , on top of that we have international transport group called stagecoach operating buses, trains, trams and express coaches, the 132 runs every 12 minutes , lot of folk very well served to and from the valleys .

It doesnt bother me either - but it does bother quite a few on here that wanted and expected the WAG to bring it all in house. The WAG said that's what it would do, it was Labour intended policy to do the same across the UK. The WAG made this decision for a reason and I guess that the figures didn't add up. The WAG wont release the figures though or the decision why they did what they did - yet.

After all the huff on here about Arriva Trains being german owned and the profits going back to Germany etc. Eric Cartman was one of the main proponents of an in house WAG train service. And I agreed with him - lets give it a go and see how we in Wales get on, with a WAG operated / controlled rail service.

Im guessing the WAG didnt fancy it - so we will never know.

What we do know is that a privately owned Network Rail are cr@p and also a Re Nationalised Network Rail is cr@p.
    So what's the answer ?
    Nationalise both the track and trains

Paul, We privatised Network Rail - you said it was sh1t and should be re nationalised, it was re nationalised - it is still sh1t - but this time there is no one to fine if it goes wrong - you cant sue / fine yourself.

You wanted to re-nationalise the trains, the WAG also wanted to and said they would as and when Arriva Trains licence expired. why then do you think the WAG instead opted for 2 'private' companies - one French and the other Spanish.
    Why do you think Carwyn Jones and the Labour Govt decided to do it this way - rather than their previously stated way of running the service ?

Logical answers please - rather than your usual #tory scum pedo mumblings
    I hate the Tory scum Damian but you will have to point me in the direction of me suggesting any of them are sex offenders

It doesnt bother me either - but it does bother quite a few on here that wanted and expected the WAG to bring it all in house. The WAG said that's what it would do, it was Labour intended policy to do the same across the UK. The WAG made this decision for a reason and I guess that the figures didn't add up. The WAG wont release the figures though or the decision why they did what they did - yet.

After all the huff on here about Arriva Trains being german owned and the profits going back to Germany etc. Eric Cartman was one of the main proponents of an in house WAG train service. And I agreed with him - lets give it a go and see how we in Wales get on, with a WAG operated / controlled rail service.

Im guessing the WAG didnt fancy it - so we will never know.

What we do know is that a privately owned Network Rail are cr@p and also a Re Nationalised Network Rail is cr@p.
    So what's the answer ?
    Was I?

I don't live in Wales and never have and don't really have any idea what the train network is like. I don't have the best memory but I don't think I have ever said much about it.