+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Carillion collapse won’t cost the taxpayer any money

Carillion collapse won’t cost the taxpayer any money

Oh yes it bloody will.

Accountants and lawyers will earn £70m managing the fallout from the collapse of Carillion, according to the National Audit Office, with taxpayers expected to foot a bill of more than £150m.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...anage-collapse

But, but, but I know a man who works for Carillion and I know his wife’s mother and she told me it won’t cost the taxpayer anything. After all it’s Jeremy Corbyn fault.

Eat your heart out Gammons.

Re: Carillion collapse won’t cost the taxpayer any money

Calm down love - You're going to bust a blood vessel , getting yourself so upset, red-faced and angry about things. It's your heart you want to worry about.

Who on earth has ever suggested that this was Jeremy Corbyn's fault? Or is this something else that you are just making up?

You appear somewhat deranged, it has to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Calm down love - You're going to bust a blood vessel , getting yourself so upset, red-faced and angry about things. It's your heart you want to worry about.

Who on earth has ever suggested that this was Jeremy Corbyn's fault? Or is this something else that you are just making up?

You appear somewhat deranged, it has to be said.
    My heart is wonderful thanks. I weigh 8 stone, don’t drink or smoke, eat very healthy. Run over 50 miles a week.

How about you Mr Gammon?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    She/He (aka Gammon Flaps) got a bit upset in a previous thread (so they started a new one to get more attention again)

The basics behind it were Gammon Flaps said The Govt will end up paying for the Carillion collapse, then they said the Govt should help all the SMEs affected by Carillion going bust etc etc - basically you cant have it both ways. That was the gist of it I think.

The Govt pension protection scheme will be in place (should the pensions go t1ts up), The Govt via the administrators have paid out redundancy where applicable. Govt contracts were distributed to other firms also working on the HS2 project etc that has helped the continuity of the projects.

The people that really lost out are the sub contractors that Carillion owed money to - the Govt didnt bail them out.

Carillion is (or rather was) a PLC it wasnt a Govt Dept. Having to spend this money to ensure HS2 isnt delayed etc - obviously works out better for the project than not paying to get the HS2 contracts back on track.

As for my mate who worked at Carillion, he got the money he was owed, and everyone on his old team now either works for the main companies on the HS2 project or some of them have gone to work other infrastructure companies. A few of them went full time - most of them have gone as contractors / consultants.

So Gammon Flaps - fear not , breath gently, let your heart rate come back to normal. It's not jeremy's fault, your gracious Leader is still alive.

ps for the record the Carillion modus operandi was that of an out of control c unt - and there were lots of them. I suspect though that seeing as they were audited by KPMG (another bunch of c unts) they will have operated just on the edge of company law.
    Oh dear touched a nerve have we. You’ve just proved, it’s always about you.

Ya big gammon.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    My heart is wonderful thanks. I weigh 8 stone, don’t drink or smoke, eat very healthy. Run over 50 miles a week.

How about you Mr Gammon?
    Try to keep it civil - I know you find it difficult but give it a try.

I had a full MOT a few weeks back -Everything OK - Thanks for caring.

Doc said I was in excellent shape for my age, like you I don't smoke and never have, I drink very little these days and my diet is fine - no processed food or take aways. My running days are behind me Im afraid but I keep my self fit.

Back to the point - Who suggested that the demise of Carillion was Jeremy Corbyn's fault as you have claimed?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Try to keep it civil - I know you find it difficult but give it a try.

I had a full MOT a few weeks back -Everything OK - Thanks for caring.

Doc said I was in excellent shape for my age, like you I don't smoke and never have, I drink very little these days and my diet is fine - no processed food or take aways. My running days are behind me Im afraid but I keep my self fit.

Back to the point - Who suggested that the demise of Carillion was Jeremy Corbyn's fault as you have claimed?

Thanks
    Delighted you are well sir. Keep it up.

Everything is Jezzas fault mun according to the right wing loons on here.

PS notice you haven’t been ranting about the disgusting Islamophobia entrenched in your beloved Tory party??? You had enough to say about the anti semitism in the Labour Party. Funny that.

Delighted you are well sir. Keep it up.

Everything is Jezzas fault mun according to the right wing loons on here.

PS notice you haven’t been ranting about the disgusting Islamophobia entrenched in your beloved Tory party??? You had enough to say about the anti semitism in the Labour Party. Funny that.
    I don't recall anyone suggesting the collapse of Carillion is Corbyn's fault either on here or anywhere else to be honest.

I am aware that there is racism within the Conservative Party as there is within the Labour Party as there is with any walk of life sadly.

I also believe that the Conservative Party are at least trying to deal with it by suspending party members, whilst within Labour racism seems to be actively condoned.

Thank you for the civil response. It was appreciated.

It's Punch and Judy time again, folks. Intelligent people acting like infants.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's Punch and Judy time again, folks. Intelligent people acting like infants.
    Stop spoiling my fun. They bite every time.

Stop spoiling my fun. They bite every time.
    I think he was talking about you actually.