+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Villa players you'd buy

Villa players you'd buy

Grealish (he's a knob but talented, out of our range probably)
    Chester (Wenglish, good solid CB)
    Taylor (Former jack but good back up)

Re: Villa players you'd buy

Grealish, Adomah, Kodjia, Chester, Davis, Green and Hourihane. We won't be able to afford Chester or Grealish, Davis and Green are good young players though and Kodjia might just be within our price range. I wouldn't be delighted or disappointed if we got Hourihane but he's a good player who should fit the way we play.

Kodjia

Adomah
    But neither with any great enthusiasm.
    Squad is full of has beens.

On a bit of a tangent when looking up their team I stumbled upon an Argentinian player called Gaston Villareal. Are there any other teams whose names are contained in the names of players?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Kodjia

Adomah

On a bit of a tangent when looking up their team I stumbled upon an Argentinian player called Gaston Villareal. Are there any other teams whose names are contained in the names of players?
    Loads of Villas. Antonio Valencia. Marco Reus.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Loads of Villas. Antonio Valencia. Marco Reus.
    Not as impressive as Gaston Villareal though, are there any that could beat that?

Hourihane in a heart beat. Always remember his display when captain at Barnsley in that mad match at CCS in Warnocks first season with us. He absolutely dominated the midfield that day and was the driving force in their team throughout. I vividly remember our gaffer waxing lyrical about him thereafter. Used to take all set pieces when at Barnsley too. Not as consistent since joining Villa but there's definitely a player in their in a position we desperately need reinforcements in.

I have always liked Yadinek too, think he is very good in the holding role he plays and assuming he must've been at Palace when Warnock worked there. Lost a yard of pace now, but undoubtedly knows this role inside out.

Warnock loves a nomad winger to get the best out of so perhaps Adomma may fit the bill too?

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Hourihane in a heart beat. Always remember his display when captain at Barnsley in that mad match at CCS in Warnocks first season with us. He absolutely dominated the midfield that day and was the driving force in their team throughout. I vividly remember our gaffer waxing lyrical about him thereafter. Used to take all set pieces when at Barnsley too. Not as consistent since joining Villa but there's definitely a player in their in a position we desperately need reinforcements in.

I have always liked Yadinek too, think he is very good in the holding role he plays and assuming he must've been at Palace when Warnock worked there. Lost a yard of pace now, but undoubtedly knows this role inside out.

Warnock loves a nomad winger to get the best out of so perhaps Adomma may fit the bill too?
    And our fans all slagged Slade off when we were linked to him...

Kodjia

Adomah

Villa have Chester as well.

I remember a goalie called Tardif. Close enough for me

Not as impressive as Gaston Villareal though, are there any that could beat that?
    Boca Junior Hoilett

Bobby & Jack Kennedy..............erm Charlton, I mean!

Peter Thorne had his name on the front & back of his shirt, as did Lee Sharpe...... Didn't know that, did you

Hourihane.

Grealish is not in our price range.

Chester is but we dont need him.

Grealish is a cheat so we shouldn’t sign him