+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So, what's an alternative to iFollow for this coming season?

So, what's an alternative to iFollow for this coming season?

The one thing I'll miss most about the Championship, is being able to watch nearly all of the City games live, if not live, then the full-recorded match the next day. Actually, being in a 8+ time zone made watching the recorded game more convenient for me, especially when the games were an evening kick-off in the UK. Watching the next day meant I wasn't plagued by any buffering issues ... it was money well spent!

However, in contrast, the last time we were in the Premier was a frustrating experience for me personally. I would be frantically searching this board, hoping for a working link. If I managed to find one, there were usually all manner of issues - link wouldn't open / it would open but would then be removed due to broadcasting infringements / the proverbial buffering / advertising banner smack in the centre (that bloody "x" would just open up another advertising page) and so it went on and on...

So my question is:- Can anyone recommend a viewing option? I really don't mind paying an online subscription if necessary.

Cheers in advance!

Re: So, what's an alternative to iFollow for this coming season?

Online streams! For free!! I think I bought 15 away games on ifollow last season at like £7 a game. No better time to be watching premier league games as every single game is available online due to be on the tv channels live abroad and streams have been good lately.

reddit.com/r/soccerstreams is good for links to streams. Also these streams will actually have commentary, a score board and more than one camera.

reddit.com/r/footballhighlights would be handy then if you wanted to watch the game the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHindsight View Post
    Online streams! For free!! I think I bought 15 away games on ifollow last season at like £7 a game. No better time to be watching premier league games as every single game is available online due to be on the tv channels live abroad and streams have been good lately.

reddit.com/r/soccerstreams is good for links to streams. Also these streams will actually have commentary, a score board and more than one camera.

reddit.com/r/footballhighlights would be handy then if you wanted to watch the game the next day.
    Yeah, the extra cameras and action replays will be a welcome addition. I can't really complain though about iFollow only using one camera, I knew what I was getting when I signed up.

Okay, hopefully this time it will go much smoother than the last time.

I've had the exact same thoughts since we clinched promotion. Losing Ifollow is going to be a big blow for me too.

I'm having trouble remembering what happened last time we were in the top flight. I know I was able to find streams online with varying success but we also had something like Ifollow catchup didn't we? Was it just highlights or could we get full match replays too?

It just means I save $140 a season. Every game is on over here.

I've just found this for China:

798yuan for full sport access
    http://vip.pptv.com/sports
    or
    258yuan for 12 months of premier league
    http://sports.pptv.com/article/pg_de...8&type=article
    I'm not sure how many games they show though. Can anyone else make sense of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    I've just found this for China:

798yuan for full sport access
    http://vip.pptv.com/sports
    or
    258yuan for 12 months of premier league
    http://sports.pptv.com/article/pg_de...8&type=article
    I'm not sure how many games they show though. Can anyone else make sense of it?
    No need to bother with those - Every single match will be on reddit soccerstreams, you'll be able to choose from about 3-4 HD quality streams with english commentary.

This year we have iGotogames again.

Or get IPTV.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It just means I save $140 a season. Every game is on over here.
    Me too, NYC

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    No need to bother with those - Every single match will be on reddit soccerstreams, you'll be able to choose from about 3-4 HD quality streams with english commentary.
    Thanks for your suggestion Freitag. I have used reddit a few times in the past. I don't know where in the World you are living but China's internet can be very hit and miss when accessing services abroad. It would be great to know that there's a local service as a failsafe for when the English streams cause us problems.

The PPTV link I mentioned yesterday seems to suggest that you get all 380 games during the season for 258yuan (about £20).

Thanks for your suggestion Freitag. I have used reddit a few times in the past. I don't know where in the World you are living but China's internet can be very hit and miss when accessing services abroad. It would be great to know that there's a local service as a failsafe for when the English streams cause us problems.

The PPTV link I mentioned yesterday seems to suggest that you get all 380 games during the season for 258yuan (about £20).

It's a real pain in the backside the Internet here at times, even using a VPN.

Thanks for the links to those sites, I'll get my wife to read through them and let me know the in's & out's of it all, 258 rmb seems a steal!
    The one thing I liked about iFollow was being able to watch the recorded full-game when it suited me (easy to avoid knowing the scores here), rather than having to set the alarm at silly oçlock watching mid-week games.

BTW: where in China are you exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post

BTW: where in China are you exactly?
    I'm Shenzhen.
    I know that you live near where Wales played in March. I tried to get to that game but I was too busy to make it.

I'm Shenzhen.
    I know that you live near where Wales played in March. I tried to get to that game but I was too busy to make it.
    I've stayed in Shenzhen quite a few times. It always strikes me how orderly everything seems there - compared with where I live which is a third tier city.
    A pity you couldn't make the Wales game, I thought there would only be a handful of Wales fans but we had 7 full coaches ferry us to the ground.

Loved iFollow and Cardiff City World/Player before that, think i've subscribed every season other than the last time we were in the Premier League for the last 13 years. iFollow was especially great last year because of the video, although no commentary or score/clock with the video feed was annoying at times. Luckily for me, here in Canada every Premier League match is available live. Always find it mad how we get more televised live football over here than you lot over there.

I'm Shenzhen.
    There must be a chinese channel that shows all the premier league matches surely. I know there's one in Hong Kong.

I share an office with 2 guys from Shenzhen coincidently.

Quote Originally Posted by tdob (in Toronto) View Post
    Loved iFollow and Cardiff City World/Player before that, think i've subscribed every season other than the last time we were in the Premier League for the last 13 years. iFollow was especially great last year because of the video, although no commentary or score/clock with the video feed was annoying at times. Luckily for me, here in Canada every Premier League match is available live. Always find it mad how we get more televised live football over here than you lot over there.
    It's because they think it'll put people off going to matches if they start showing every 3 o'clock game. Probably would affect the football league and non league a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It's because they think it'll put people off going to matches if they start showing every 3 o'clock game. Probably would affect the football league and non league a bit.
    I think it would affect the lower leagues a lot more than it would have,say, 30 years ago, and with the desperation of the premier league clubs to get more money from TV it's actually surprising that the rule is still in place.

There must be a chinese channel that shows all the premier league matches surely. I know there's one in Hong Kong.

I share an office with 2 guys from Shenzhen coincidently.
    I do get prem football on a couple of channels here but 90% of the time it's the top 6 that get shown. However, only one channel has English commentary and it isn't HD so it looks awful. The other channels have deals to show games at prime time and do give priority to Chinese football whenever that is happening. The best thing about it is that these channels cost me less than a pint each month. I wouldn't expect to pay a lot for it mind you.

So I'll certainly be subscribing to the best streaming service that has all of the games. At the moment it's PPTV but I'll wait until August to see whats what.

With TV revenue being such a high percentage of total revenue it’s only a matter of time before they are available live. It would be a case of lowering the price to actually fill the stadium then.

****ing love chinese food