+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: WALES v Bosnia (ladies) on BBC 2 @ 6.45pm tonight

WALES v Bosnia (ladies) on BBC 2 @ 6.45pm tonight

If anyone want to give the girls a view.

Re: WALES v Bosnia (ladies) on BBC 2 @ 6.45pm tonight

Bosnian keeper has a sizeable rack. Think I’ll tune in.

1-0 to Wales

It was funny watching the Bosnia’s defenders taking the goal kicks. Like watching parks football

I'm watching the England game - I'm sorry possession at all costs justs makes for such boring viewing

Mind you watching a fly buzz around my room would be more interesting to me than girls football which is dreadful viewing

I see the Swansea football loving public turned out in force....
    Not.

Really embarrassing with all those empty seats. Was anyone there?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I see the Swansea football loving public turned out in force....
    Not.

Really embarrassing with all those empty seats. Was anyone there?
    Jeez mate, were you? The women are doing really well and fully deserve our support but bit too negative to talk about empty seats.

I'm a big gutted the Newport game is (as far as I'm aware) not at Rodney parade - walkable from the station - but at Newport Stadium. Liberty against England seems easier to get too.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Jeez mate, were you? The women are doing really well and fully deserve our support but bit too negative to talk about empty seats.

I'm a big gutted the Newport game is (as far as I'm aware) not at Rodney parade - walkable from the station - but at Newport Stadium. Liberty against England seems easier to get too.
    I fully support the ladies on their quest to qualify for the WCup. Russia will be no easy next at Spytty.
    They certainly deserve better from the rugger loving Swansea public. Seeing those empty seats was awful. If I lived closer perhaps I would have made the effort.

The Wales team were saying yesterday how they wanted the crowd to be the 12th man.

12th “man??”

Eh??

Smile Re: WALES v Bosnia (ladies) on BBC 2 @ 6.45pm tonight

Wales women's team are certainly doing better in their World Cup Qualifying Group than the men did - up to now at least.

That said, the only "proper" Women's game I've seen, last year's Champions League Final. in the flesh was really boring and, based on that, I'm in hurry to watch another one.

Best of luck to the Welsh women though, Russia v England today.

They've now won 4 games 1-0, and drawn the other two. 6 games, 4 goals scored and no goals conceded.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They've now won 4 games 1-0, and drawn the other two. 6 games, 4 goals scored and no goals conceded.
    Is NW managing them?

I went to the Khazakstan (sp) match at CCS and there was a good atmosphere. They deserve better support & I thought the girls played well in last night's win. Some great skills on show, and I hope they qualify. Have the FAW announced where the England home match is to be played?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    I went to the Khazakstan (sp) match at CCS and there was a good atmosphere. They deserve better support & I thought the girls played well in last night's win. Some great skills on show, and I hope they qualify. Have the FAW announced where the England home match is to be played?
    Pretty sure it's at the Liberty again.

I wish the girls all the best but I have no interest in the womans game. I gave it a chance by watching supposedly the 2 best women's teams in Europe in the European cup final. The standard was dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I wish the girls all the best but I have no interest in the womans game. I gave it a chance by watching supposedly the 2 best women's teams in Europe in the European cup final. The standard was dreadful.
    I didn't have much interest in that game but since the Welsh women put it such a brave performance against England at the same time City put such a limo display against Wolves I have seen something in it, even if it's a different game to the one I know.

Why else should you support our women? Check out the Women's football topic on the (UK paper) guardian and try and find the report on Wales playing yesterday: https://www.theguardian.com/football/womensfootball

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    It was funny watching the Bosnia’s defenders taking the goal kicks. Like watching parks football
    It was because the keeper injured her leg during the game.
    I've always been dismissive of watching women's football but I was pleasantly surprised by the standard last night. Fishlock in particular looked a decent player.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    I've always been dismissive of watching women's football but I was pleasantly surprised by the standard last night. Fishlock in particular looked a decent player.
    I only saw some highlights but Fishlock looked like the Welsh Ladies' equivalent of Messi!

Good luck Wales ladies

Good luck to the Welsh team and I hope they qualify.
    No interest in watching womens football though and I hate how the BBC try and force feed us it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Good luck to the Welsh team and I hope they qualify.
    No interest in watching womens football though and I hate how the BBC try and force feed us it.
    How on earth are the BBC force feeding you to watch women’s football?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird View Post
    The Wales team were saying yesterday how they wanted the crowd to be the 12th man.

12th “man??”

Eh??

I had a few lol moments watching the game, good luck to them and all that but Women's football is not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    How on earth are the BBC force feeding you to watch women’s football?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    I watched Bosnia v England and the defenders were taking her kicks then as well