+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff taxis

Cardiff taxis

Robbing barstools.
    If they were in an Eastern european country, they would be told to avoid by holiday programmes.
    Puts cardiff to shame.
    Friend of mine paid £75 one way to Bridgend last night.
    Scummers

Re: Cardiff taxis

yea I hate them, can not believe people hate on Uber so much drivers like working for them and customers like using them, the only people who kick up a fuss are people who are too old to understand the gig economy or taxi drivers who cant get away with robbing people anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Robbing barstools.
    If they were in an Eastern european country, they would be told to avoid by holiday programmes.
    Puts cardiff to shame.
    Scummers
    That journey is outside the metred charge area, and can be negotiated with the driver. Your friend obviously didn't agree a price before leaving.

Robbing barstools.
    Puts cardiff to shame.
    Scummers
    That seems steep, Surely your friend would have to pay for the drivers journey back? someone has to pay for his or her time and fuel costs?

but 75 quid come on !!!
    she is from spain so assumed the taxis are straight and honest

but 75 quid come on !!!
    Agree, it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Agree, it's too much.
    Download the dragon taxis app.I find them reasonable to Cwmbran.
    The app gives you a price,
    A taxi driver not a Welshman tried to overcharge us from cardiff central to the Millennium Centre
    I told him we didn’t want to go the scenic root,

I paid £50 a few weeks to go from Cardiff centre to porthcawl. Always get a price before setting off.

but 75 quid come on !!!
    Thinly veiled I'm banging a sexy Spanish chick, and she'll pay £75 to get to me

International

I use private hire. I never use black and whites, most of them are robbers or worse.

Last night of course the city was rammed for the concert so I wouldn't mind betting if she has asked the price it would have beeen the same, and if she had declined there would have been any number of people waiting behind her to pay more to go somewhere.

And of course the Council sacked all the taxi marshals so now there is no control of them what so ever and the council don't care.

Dragon taxis Bridgend , excellent

Why is there an 'out of meter area'?
    Black cabs in other cities like London just charge what's in the meter, wherever you go.
    I only use Uber these days, had so many run ins with the black and white drivers, robbing c unts.
    Will check out the Dragon app.

Uber is the way to go. A few of us used them a few times last season coming back from away night games. Canton to Barry apprx 15 quid. If using the black and whites by the Adm Napier you are looking at 30 quid.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Why is there an 'out of meter area'?
    Black cabs in other cities like London just charge what's in the meter, wherever you go.
    I only use Uber these days, had so many run ins with the black and white drivers, robbing c unts.
    Will check out the Dragon app.
    Your information is incorrect regarding London Cabs. For example, if you were to take a black cab from Heathrow to Cardiff, the journey is outside the metred area of Greater London and the fare can be negotiated. The reason why there are metered areas is because "Hackney carriages" as they are called, are only licenced to operate in a particular Borough or County. They are not allowed to "ply for hire" in any other area. Once they agree to taker a fare within their licenced area, if the destination is outside the area for which they are licenced, they are entitled (as is the customer) to barter a fare - although that bartered fare must not exceed what would have been on the metre..

There are other rules for Hackney Carriages as well. I only know the London ones, but for example, if a black cab is on a rank, and the driver speaks to a potential customer, if the journey is less than 6 miles, he/ she MUST take the customer. The same applies if the black cab is flagged down.

https://www.cardiff.gov.uk/ENG/Busin...res%202015.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Download the dragon taxis app.I find them reasonable to Cwmbran.
    The app gives you a price,
    A taxi driver not a Welshman tried to overcharge us from cardiff central to the Millennium Centre
    I told him we didn’t want to go the scenic root,
    Anyone !!

I don't wanna be an escape goat

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Anyone !!

I don't wanna be an escape goat
    I'm on tinder hooks

Taxis in Cheltenham have a book with set fairs to other towns in them.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Your information is incorrect regarding London Cabs. For example, if you were to take a black cab from Heathrow to Cardiff, the journey is outside the metred area of Greater London and the fare can be negotiated. The reason why there are metered areas is because "Hackney carriages" as they are called, are only licenced to operate in a particular Borough or County. They are not allowed to "ply for hire" in any other area. Once they agree to taker a fare within their licenced area, if the destination is outside the area for which they are licenced, they are entitled (as is the customer) to barter a fare - although that bartered fare must not exceed what would have been on the metre..

There are other rules for Hackney Carriages as well. I only know the London ones, but for example, if a black cab is on a rank, and the driver speaks to a potential customer, if the journey is less than 6 miles, he/ she MUST take the customer. The same applies if the black cab is flagged down.

https://www.cardiff.gov.uk/ENG/Busin...res%202015.pdf
    My experience of cabs at Heathrow is that the cabs that use the ranks have the nod from the airport and any dirty deals could see them lose their place.
    However they are entitled to charge a set fee to London Centre, it was £50 but may now be £80.
    This is not a rip off but set by the airport/tfl, so much so that if you are local and go to a rank at the airport for a short journey home the driver will tell you it will still cost you 50/80.
    This is because he will lose his place in a long queue, and in a working day he might only get 3 or 4 fares.

You won’t get a taxi for under £40 back to Caerphilly if late night. £70 on that premise, is about right.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    My experience of cabs at Heathrow is that the cabs that use the ranks have the nod from the airport and any dirty deals could see them lose their place.
    However they are entitled to charge a set fee to London Centre, it was £50 but may now be £80.
    This is not a rip off but set by the airport/tfl, so much so that if you are local and go to a rank at the airport for a short journey home the driver will tell you it will still cost you 50/80.
    This is because he will lose his place in a long queue, and in a working day he might only get 3 or 4 fares.
    An ex colleague of mine is a black cabbie and works out of Heathrow. It is the jewel in the crown of London cabbying.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    You won’t get a taxi for under £40 back to Caerphilly if late night. £70 on that premise, is about right.
    Exactly. What a completely rubbish thread. Its 21 miles. There's a decent train service to Bridgend. Why didn't they take the train if they were on a budget

An ex colleague of mine is a black cabbie and works out of Heathrow. It is the jewel in the crown of London cabbying.
    it's not

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny London View Post
    it's not
    It is to him, otherwise he wouldn't waste his time travelling there from North West London every day.

It is to him, otherwise he wouldn't waste his time travelling there from North West London every day.
    It's where drivers go to waste 5 hours of the day. Madness

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny London View Post
    It's where drivers go to waste 5 hours of the day. Madness
    Clearly, even though the queues are long, those drivers who sit there for hours must be making money to make it worthwhile. My mate only does Heathrow, he sometimes pick up the odd peripheral fare once he's in central London, but normally sticks to the airport.