+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fabianski/Mawson

Fabianski/Mawson

I see that lot down the road have rejected offers from West Ham for these two. I think Fabianksi would be a good addition to our squad but wouldn't want to see him displace Etheridge, as I'd rather have a younger, promising 'keeper. Mawson is overrated and not as good as Manga, Bamba or Morrison. Although they seem to think he's worth £35m!!! No wonder it's called Planet Swans as they do seem to be on another planet down there.

Fabianksi would not cost much as he only has a year left on his contract, but is probably on silly money they seem to pay in the PL.

It would be nice if they both stayed down there and left for nothing next year.

Re: Fabianski/Mawson

I think I’d rate mawson higher than our lot tbh

Different type of player. Ball playing centre backs do go for more money, and for good reason. You only have to see the way England are trying to play to see what it gives you.
    It isn't the only way though and Mawson. Would be a pointless signing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Different type of player. Ball playing centre backs do go for more money, and for good reason. You only have to see the way England are trying to play to see what it gives you.
    It isn't the only way though and Mawson. Would be a pointless signing for us.
    Ball playing LOL. You make him sound like Rio Ferdinand. Hes massively overated.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ball playing LOL. You make him sound like Rio Ferdinand. Hes massively overated.
    He's still got a few things to iron out in his game granted, but his potential ceiling is high.

Why would anyone want a jack player ffs No thanks. Plenty of others to go for.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHindsight View Post
    Why would anyone want a jack player ffs No thanks. Plenty of others to go for.
    We have had many Jack players in the past which became fans favourites.

I'd take Joe Allen straight away despite still disliking him from the game at NP many years ago.

He'd suit perfectly what we're trying to achieve as a game plan

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think I’d rate mawson higher than our lot tbh
    On what evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I agree, he is way overrated. £35m indeed?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    We have had many Jack players in the past which became fans favourites.
    Hundreds of players we can be looking at and better as well. Don't need to be searching around Swansea.

I think Mawson is a good player, but isn't the real point that centre back is a pretty low priority when it comes to transfer targets?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think Mawson is a good player, but isn't the real point that centre back is a pretty low priority when it comes to transfer targets?
    Yeah I'd agree with that.
    If Mawson continues to progress then he's likely to be worth a lot more in a couple of years time, so he's probably a good investment to someone, but we haven't got the funds to be tying money up in that while other areas need strengthening

If Mawson continues to progress then he's likely to be worth a lot more in a couple of years time, so he's probably a good investment to someone, but we haven't got the funds to be tying money up in that while other areas need strengthening
    Alternatively an average season in the Championship and he’ll be worth nothing.

Not seen much of him, but of what I did he looked reasonable, but nothing special.

I tended to avoid watching the Jacks if they were on TV except when they were getting tumped

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Oh yeah I don’t think we should sign him just he’s a very good player.

A lot more than £35m? Really? Had an ok start to the season and was poor when Swansea needed him most towards the end of the campaign

He's 24 now which gives him rom=om to grow but I can't see him developing beyond being a middling centre back, and certainly not into one worth more than £35m

He’s English which always bumps the value up. But players are going for silly money now, £35 million now is basically what £10 million was a few years ago.

If he gets a good move, plays well and gets a few england caps I could easily see him moving for 50 million