If we were trying to sign Wales goalie Michael Crowe and lost out to Preston, then it's likely it was because we could only offer him the promise of DVP football. Which would mean that we are in the market for a DVP keeper for the year ahead.

I've mentioned a couple of times about 22 year old Billy O'Brien, who was Man City's DVP no.1 for ages and was always ahead of Crowe for the Welsh u21s at the same time. When I saw him for Wales I thought he looked a real talent with great potential.

It looked as though it was probably a bad sign that he hasn't had many takers but I did a bit of trawling on the internet and realised that this poor fella was struck with a bloody awful tragedy in regard to his personal life. No bloody wonder he has gone off the radar over the past season.

Our goalkeeping coach Andy Dibble seems to know the lad and I think he should touch base with this lad (if he hasn't already) and we should offer this lad a trial and give this unlucky chap the chance to get his career back on track. If we want to be the number one club in Wales and we should behave accordingly and show some class to our internationals if they are struck with nightmare scenario that this lad has been dealt.