+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Barry Town vs Swansea City?

Barry Town vs Swansea City?

Interesting friendly if true

Re: Barry Town vs Swansea City?

Similarly sized clubs

We don't seem to send our DVP team to play local Welsh teams anymore. It used to be an annual thing.

A police unintelegence officers dream

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Similarly sized clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    We don't seem to send our DVP team to play local Welsh teams anymore. It used to be an annual thing.
    We played Taff's Well last season...

Going to be mayhem on Barry Road, like Worcester in 1977.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We should be playing and helping out the likes of Merthyr not Warnocks old and local clubs

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We should be playing and helping out the likes of Merthyr not Warnocks old and local clubs
    Didn't Warnock encourage City fans to go to Merthyr games when City weren't playing?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That was (and I assume this year will be) a first team squad thing. We used to send a second string to Carmarthen, Haverfordwest, Barry and the like. I dunno, maybe it's a different policy now.

Didn't someone mention on here that the reason we don't play Merthyr is because of their plastic pitch? Could play somewhere else though, possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Didn't Warnock encourage City fans to go to Merthyr games when City weren't playing?
    And? Quite a few already do, long before Warnock arrived, but if he’s that concerned he should be sending a team up. I mean come on, Burton ffs, we’ve played them 5 times in the last 2 years.

And? Quite a few already do, long before Warnock arrived, but if he’s that concerned he should be sending a team up. I mean come on, Burton ffs, we’ve played them 5 times in the last 2 years.
    A tour of the WPL would likely replace the Devon/Cornwall tour rather than Burton and Rochdale.

I agree we could do more though. What about loaning out some youngsters to WPL clubs?

I’m sure it’s been said before that Warnock won’t take a team up there because of the pitch through fear a player will get injured