+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: John Toshack surprising appointment manager of the tractor boys..

John Toshack surprising appointment manager of the tractor boys..

Re: John Toshack surprising appointment manager of the tractor boys..

i was going to say " how the hell do these old has been managers who have done nothing for 10 years get these gigs "

I then googled what he has been upto , he has been in work, i didnt realise it was only 8 years ago that he left the Wales job, how far have we come in that time it seems a lifetime ago when players couldnt be arsed to turn and play for their country
    I know people will say he gave first caps to 1/2 the euro 16 team, so maybe he started it all, or maybe his hand was forced with the apathy towards the welsh football team by its players

Re: John Toshack surprising appointment manager of the tractor boys..

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    i was going to say " how the hell do these old has been managers who have done nothing for 10 years get these gigs "

I then googled what he has been upto , he has been in work, i didnt realise it was only 8 years ago that he left the Wales job, how far have we come in that time it seems a lifetime ago when players couldnt be arsed to turn and play for their country
    I know people will say he gave first caps to 1/2 the euro 16 team, so maybe he started it all, or maybe his hand was forced with the apathy towards the welsh football team by its players
    What he did do was break up the players (average ones at that) who thought they were more important than the team.