+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much is a pint in your local nowadays ?

How much is a pint in your local nowadays ?

Usually go into town on the weekend, Korev (Lager) in the Cambrian at £4.40 a pint, but tonight decided to pop down the Arches, being the closest pub and within walking distance for a bit of munch and a beer or three whilst watching the rugby (decent win down there), Peroni at £4.70 for two halves prolly & £4.60 a pint cannot understand why two halves always cost more than a pint!!, I think i saw on the chalk board that a pint of brains was £2.85 a pint, talking to my Doris and going back to when I started college, pulling £19.00 a week, (1977) fiver to my mum, £1 a night down the potters wheel in Rumney, 5 nights a week playing darts, (if you were prepared to slum it in the Rompney castle, a pint of Dark was 17p) leaving me £7 a week to get me through the week at Rumney Tech.

Re: How much is a pint in your local nowadays ?

sadly the potters is no more and the carps too but the rompney is still going thanks to borley and co !

last time i was in the rompney think it was around £3.20

International

I drink in LLandaff and a pint of Worthington is£3.20 a pint, ans they have 5 so called craft beers at about the same price, They serve 4 lagers and about 3 ciders and I think they are all reasonably priced.
    The Peroni is about £4.70 a pint but if you choose to drink it then you cannot complain.

About $8

$8 = £5.97.

Everyone I speak to or overhear discussing US trips is aghast at how expensive a visit there has become. The official inflation rate is fiddled nearly as much as the unemployment numbers are.

Ruddles ale is under two quid a pint at my nearest Wetherspoon.

If I get anything back from £4 I’m happy. Like to drink Guinness when I go out but increasingly all the Brains pubs are stopping selling it. The Heath, Albany, Crwys and the 3 arches lately. Pubs are way too expensive and will continue to shut no doubt

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    If I get anything back from £4 I’m happy. Like to drink Guinness when I go out but increasingly all the Brains pubs are stopping selling it. The Heath, Albany, Crwys and the 3 arches lately. Pubs are way too expensive and will continue to shut no doubt
    They stopped selling iy in Brains pubs because |Brains started selling its own stout and founf if a pub had guinness on top no one wiould buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    They stopped selling iy in Brains pubs because |Brains started selling its own stout and founf if a pub had guinness on top no one wiould buy it.
    I know, brains black, which tastes nothing like Guinness.the sooner they drop it, the better.

A pint of anything in the Borough is well under £3.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    A pint of anything in the Borough is well under £3.
    £2.50p all day Sunday.

It's like the Wynford after 6pm today, well a bit like it only it's grab a great-grannie, instead of the normal, grab a grannie.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I know, brains black, which tastes nothing like Guinness.the sooner they drop it, the better.
    Heard that Guinness put the price up too, which is why Brains stopped selling it, how true that is I don’t know. Doesn’t really bother me as my days of going out a few times a week are long gone thankfully.....

What local ? There's 1 pub left in Ely/Caerau . I drink in Canton or town now. I'm not entirely sure how much the Guinness is in the Ivor but it's about £5.10 for a Guinness and John Smiths which i think is reasonable.
    When i take my mrs out we go to chapter St Canas and the tiny rebel its about 8 quid a round in those establishments. My mate came over from Australia for the Reading game and couldn't believe how cheap off licence/ take out alcohol prices were here.

My local is the Greystones in south west Sheffield.

It is £2.80 for a pint of Brother Rabbit (Thornbridge), and most of the other beers/ales on hand pump (usually 10-12 of them) are in the range £2.70 to £3.30.

For that I also get good jazz through the sound system, log fires, events in the BackRoom (comedy, music, magicians) and no TV!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    £2.50p all day Sunday.

It's like the Wynford after 6pm today, well a bit like it only it's grab a great-grannie, instead of the normal, grab a grannie.
    Let's be honest Tony, you will grab anyone

£2.60 for creamflow good point as well

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Let's be honest Tony, you will grab anyone
    Not with all these cameras about

Leave it to the others now.

I can just about manage "Grand-Dad Dancing"

Blog Entries

Not with all these cameras about

Leave it to the others now.

I can just about manage "Grand-Dad Dancing"

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

25000 Dong for 300cl of Ba Ba Ba (about 75p)

Tbf this also has a lump of ice added to cool it down

Peroni in Italy is a working mans beer, the equivalent of our Carlsberg. When working with Italians they refuse to drink it. No idea how they've managed to make it posh over here and charge £5 a pint

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    Peroni in Italy is a working mans beer, the equivalent of our Carlsberg. When working with Italians they refuse to drink it. No idea how they've managed to make it posh over here and charge £5 a pint
    I still work, a workings mans beer fits the hat for me

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I still work, a workings mans beer fits the hat for me
    Buy a Carlsberg or Carling for half the price then?

£2.50p all day Sunday.

The carling in the Borough is undrinkable however cheap it is recently myself and 'er indoors' had a pint of carling in there, 2 sips at the bar on receiving the beer, pint placed on the bar, about turn and out, I'm sure it's ok most of the time, its always busy in there when many pubs are empty. We tend to keep within three pubs in town, Cambrian, Hop Bunker and occasionally the Philly

A pint of Brains Bitter in the Three Arches is £2.85. It's just as well I can only drink boys beer these days as a night on Peroni can turn out to be very expensive.

Last time I was over I ordered a pint of Brains black or something. Can't remember what I paid but 50c would have been too much.

Spoons in Caerphilly for me, where there is usually a guest ale or two that i haven't tried. Always at a reasonable price.

If it's to go and watch sport then it's the Kings Arms. They've usually got a decent ale or two on tap, once again at a fairly reasonable price.

I refuse to fleeced for a pint of beer, and never ever go in anywhere (i.e. The W@nkabout) where the nearest they have to a proper ale is the laughable John Smiths.