Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
It's a sign of the times that internet forums are now echo chambers, and any voice of opposition is seen as being a wind-up merchant or a troll or both. I think people have found a new degree of sensitivity.

A while back, I would get embroiled in the personal insults by trying to steer things back to my original points - it's ironic that I was being blamed for being a troll (errr, check the definition of a troll guys), and lately I have been accused of derailing threads - like that's never happened before. By putting the usual suspects on ignore, I am actively trying to avoid the he said he said type of crap that is dragging this forum down (and, yes, I am guilty of that too).

It's strange though (and I'm not accusing you here Tuerto, you're one of the well balanced people here, though that's because you have no chips on your shoulders. I have a chip on both) that this thread started off as a question about the ignore function and has seemingly become a post about me. I can only hazard a guess at what the ignored posters contributed, but it doesn't appear to be about the main topic. Fecking trolls

The amusing thing is - some of the ones on my ignore list are the ones who keep banging on about the Wurzle who posts here. The Wurzle is labelled obsessed, yet even in his absence the fish wriggle around asking to get caught.
Ah, I see your point, although I wasn't trying to make the post about you. I sort of agree with the OP. Anyway, I have no problem with you or the subject of your posts, it's not my club and I don't feel the need to defend it or attack you because you may have a different viewpoint ( In many cases I agree) Problem on here is that some people like to throw insults and insult a persons character. I don't like that.