+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Josh Murphy rumour

Josh Murphy rumour

I'd be quite happy with that. Certainly a Warnockesque winger. I know his end product wasn't great but he tore us a new arse last season.

Re: Josh Murphy rumour

He did in the home game. IIRC he was up against Manga.

Can’t remember him doing much in the away game though.

Also would expect the fee to be pretty big

However, if he reaches his potential then he could be very valuable. He’s certainly fast and still very young

Based in East Anglia - he is nowhere close to his brother. Moderate championship level at best- if they are looking at Norwich then Lewis left back is going to be a top class player, much more worth a punt

Quote Originally Posted by suffolkblue2 View Post
    Based in East Anglia - he is nowhere close to his brother. Moderate championship level at best- if they are looking at Norwich then Lewis left back is going to be a top class player, much more worth a punt

Yes, he is very quick. Good balance too. Had NML in his pocket at their place.

Is he theirs ? Or on loan ?

Sky Bet have us at 1/5 odds on to sign him now

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Not3s View Post
    Sky Bet have us at 1/5 odds on to sign him now
    We were 1/8 to have Shearer as manager back in the day.

Someone has basically put a 50 quid bet on.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'd be quite happy with that. Certainly a Warnockesque winger. I know his end product wasn't great but he tore us a new arse last season.
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...ight=emjayblue

Appears I know my stuff when it comes to our gaffer, obviously should've backed my judgement at the bookies

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich...diff-1-5555586

Norwich local press stating he has been in Cardiff over the weekend, could be our first signing of the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich...diff-1-5555586

Norwich local press stating he has been in Cardiff over the weekend, could be our first signing of the summer.
    Murphy seems to fit the description of signing young, better than average championship players who might make the step up to the premier league but would also stay and help us back again if we do go down

Im on train back from Gatwick; having spent last 2 weeks in Florida so not had chance to check in usual places.

BBC reporting now though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44438532

Was hoping we would go in for him.

Couldn’t hold his place in mid-table Norwich side, NML is FAR better

I always thought he was supposed to be highly rated, warnock knows his wingers

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Im on train back from Gatwick; having spent last 2 weeks in Florida so not had chance to check in usual places.

John Percy the telegraph midland reporter says on twitter medical this morning.

I thought we only had 20 million to spend and were looking at fees and loans. It's almost as if we didn't want to shout that we had a decent transfer budget to drive up fees.

Good luck to him for the future but it is good business for Norwich - £10m for someone who can't defend, has one good game in six and can only cross a ball at 100mph.

Also gets another £28k per week off the wage bill so that saves another £1.5 million per year

Good luck to him for the future but it is good business for Norwich - £10m for someone who can't defend, has one good game in six and can only cross a ball at 100mph.

Also gets another £28k per week off the wage bill so that saves another £1.5 million per year
    Nice pick the one quote that backs up your opinion

Selling players responsible for 20 of your 49 goals is not negative? I give up.... and sorry not having a pop but I did not get into football to celebrate the money clubs give us for our best players. Just odd...
    For the record I would like us to keep him.. or at the very least keep one of him and Madders. Sell both it shows how bad our cash flow issues are..

one quote? Look at the full thread from the pink ‘un. That’s a pretty consistent view and having seen Norwich a lot over the last 5 years he is one of the most frustrating players I have seen - that said NW had plans for Paterson which we didn’t see so maybe he has a plan for Murphy too. Actually could be a useful and very quick 10

A young winger being frustrating in a poorly coached team isn’t surprising though is it? Didn’t he get 11 goals and 9 assists in a pretty average team last season?

Gutted to be losing him as I don't think it will be easy to find a replacement who offers what he can. Hence it looks like he's getting a prem move.

Homegrown too which we must take into account.

Surprised and disappointed by this. I wish the lad well though. With Madison sure to leave too, the new incomings are going to have to hit the ground running to replace the goal threat of these two.

My thought is good luck to the lad. If he can prove himself in the PL then why not ?

Both Josh and Jacob have been great players and great lads at NCFC

Both are also a testament to how well our youth development has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Murphy seems to fit the description of signing young, better than average championship players who might make the step up to the premier league but would also stay and help us back again if we do go down
    He's bloody quick - I can remember saying if he had an end product he would be unplayable when Norwich were here.

Lets hope that under a decent coach (Norwich looked a side full of good individuals being badly coached) he can get that right. Definitely a positive signing.

Suffolkblue2
    8 posts, methinks on a windup or more than likely not a city fan

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post

Welcome home mate, and many congratulations both. I first put his name forward weeks ago, your slipping up big time