+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Josh Murphy rumour

Re: Josh Murphy rumour

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Suffolkblue2
    8 posts, methinks on a windup or more than likely not a city fan

One of his previous posts:

"Stuck in East Anglia last night so forced to watch Norwich v Forest, Two crap teams - totally boring football but Forest fans spent whole match singing "sheep-shagging bastards we're coming for...
    "

Probably an Ipswich fan.

Medical this morning.

Has hoilet signed a new contract yet?

Wrong on both counts. City fan for 50 years, first game Moscow Torpedo March 1968. Living in East Anglia for last 25 yrs so see Norwich a lot. Murphy is very quick and skilful but clearly poorly coached- if we do sign him I think he could be much better in a central role

I think reading the comments on the norwich forum indicate overall he's a good player whose contribution will be missed and need replacing.

You always get some who have to turn it into a positive, money, gives a younger player the chance to shine, he was inconsistent etc etc.

As long as they aren't all celebrating or offering him a lift then I think the general consensus is they would rather keep him.

Got to trust the manager, knows what he’s doing. Better Murphy than Wildschut to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by suffolkblue2 View Post
    Got to trust the manager, knows what he’s doing. Better Murphy than Wildschut to be fair.
    Defend deep, don't allow space, Very quick on break, SET-PIECES!!!!!

This is us next year - Murphy fits the bill (I think)

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Has hoilet signed a new contract yet?
    No. Although his Instagram would suggest it's close.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich...diff-1-5555586

Norwich local press stating he has been in Cardiff over the weekend, could be our first signing of the summer.
    probably down to see one of the bands playing over the weekend.

I know it was only one game but I remember disagreeing with TOBW in thinking that he was excellent down here last season. He caused us no end of trouble last season.

He is similar to Traore from Boro in that he has explosive pace and can beat players for fun but lacks a bit of end product. The difference is that Traore would probably cost 3 times as much.

I think good coaching can sometimes get you a decent end product. When Sturridge first broke through and when he moved to Chelsea he was always accused of this, when he went to Liverpool his end product improved no end.

He’s a gamble but looks to be a decent gamble and his stats last season were decent so even if we do go back down he’ll do a job.

I hope Warnock will address the lack of guile in pur squad as well. We have very few players who can actually pass the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Defend deep, don't allow space, Very quick on break, SET-PIECES!!!!!

This is us next year - Murphy fits the bill (I think)
    Yes I tend to agree.

I think he fits in with the way we play, or tried to play.

Certainly will be one of the fastest players at the club and I fancy Warnock to get some consistency out of him, which seems to be the biggest complaint from Norwich fans.

I am guessing the deal is 7 or 8 up front and the rest depending on staying up.

But £11M ......

I think the transfer spend is going to be closer to £40M rather than £20M. If £11M is correct he'll be our (equal) most expensive signing for a few weeks! Until we sign the £15M~£20M forward.

If it happens does this put any move for Snodgrass off the table?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I hope Warnock will address the lack of guile in pur squad as well. We have very few players who can actually pass the ball.
    If we don't learn to keep possession better it will be like the Alamo, with wave after wave of pressure coming our way.

Warnocks not going to change now mate. Hes got a style that works for him, albeit at championship level, and I dont see him changing it.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Warnocks not going to change now mate. Hes got a style that works for him, albeit at championship level, and I dont see him changing it.
    Haha, yeah, a leopard doesn't change his spots. Whether we like it or not Warnock has a particular style and the best we can hope for is that we recruit players who make that particular style more attractive and successful..

However, while we are not going to start playing tippy tappy football all of the sudden, I won't complain about signing a few players who can retain possession better and pass better!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    But £11M ......

I think the transfer spend is going to be closer to £40M rather than £20M. If £11M is correct he'll be our (equal) most expensive signing for a few weeks! Until we sign the £15M~£20M forward.

If it happens does this put any move for Snodgrass off the table?
    Transfer fees and the premier league income has gone nuts since we were last up. I see us easily spending £40million if we are spending this on an inexperienced winger.

I think every one of our players are capable of passing a football and under different instructions, tactics would be able to keep decent possession.

You don't need to be iniesta to pass the ball a few yards and then move to space.

Plenty of teams play this way, most finished well below us, even if you watch a few league one matches there are teams that can play possession.

We wouldn't have been promoted playing this way.

All we need is someone who has the ability to create centrally whilst fitting into our squad and that will cost a lot.

I'd take 11 million with a pinch of salt to be honest. It will probably be about 6 million with add ons for staying up, scoring goals, appearances etc

I this the lad that scored the "WONDER GOAL" against Asbin Cilla ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Asbin Cilla ?
    ****ing hell that's bad

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I think every one of our players are capable of passing a football and under different instructions, tactics would be able to keep decent possession.

You don't need to be iniesta to pass the ball a few yards and then move to space.

Plenty of teams play this way, most finished well below us, even if you watch a few league one matches there are teams that can play possession.

We wouldn't have been promoted playing this way.

All we need is someone who has the ability to create centrally whilst fitting into our squad and that will cost a lot.
    You say every single player can pass and move if that was the tactics employed, but then say we wouldnt have got promoted this way, because you know the players are not good enough to play that style.

They werent good enough in the Championship to play that way, and certainly wont be able to in the Premier League. We have good hard working players, but very few are technically gifted.

If we have Callum Patterson as our number 10 in the Premier League than its going to be a long old season.

I know it was only one game but I remember disagreeing with TOBW in thinking that he was excellent down here last season. He caused us no end of trouble last season.

He is similar to Traore from Boro in that he has explosive pace and can beat players for fun but lacks a bit of end product. The difference is that Traore would probably cost 3 times as much.
    I seem to remember saying he erratic down here - he'd look dangerous and was tying Bruno up in knots at times, but, rather like his team on the night, there wasn't much of an end product.

One reason why I said what I did about Murphy is because, based on what I'd seen of him, I thought he was better than that.

Quite a few classy moments in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7GMW0hXX8k

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    ****ing hell that's bad
    Stick around, he's got plenty more where that came from.