+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: CCS Stereophonics concert Saturday

CCS Stereophonics concert Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    He probably wants to know why your allowed to stand watching the stereophonics at the CCS but you have to sit when watching a game of football.
    Talking of which, did anyone on here go to the gig and if so what was it like?

My guess is people might not want to admit it for fear of being pigeonholed or shot down by the more outspoken poster.

Have to admit I quite liked their early stuff and saw them play in the castle quite a few years back but no interest in them these days (perhaps after I heard he was in the Leeds end for "that" game)

Re: CCS Stereophonics concert Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Talking of which, did anyone on here go to the gig and if so what was it like?

My guess is people might not want to admit it for fear of being pigeonholed or shot down by the more outspoken poster.

Have to admit I quite liked their early stuff and saw them play in the castle quite a few years back but no interest in them these days (perhaps after I heard he was in the Leeds end for "that" game)
    I'm not a fan but went as my wife got tickets as we went in a group of friends.

They are fine - I don't get the worship they seem to get but each to their own

It started well - I liked the first song and there were a couple of their older catchy songs in the first 20 minutes and a dedication to Stuart Cable whose son was there.

I got quite bored in the middle bit - probably because I'm not a fan - but everybody around me seemed to be enjoying themselves. It finished as you would expect fine with their two best songs Local Boy and Dakota (which is a damn fine singalong song).

A lot of the time I found their songs sounded remarkably similar (apart from Mr Songwriter which is decent). One song sounded very much like the Who another like Fleetwood Mac and a hell of a lot like Rod Stewart/Faces. But thats my opinion Im sure others differ.

I think they are Coldplay for the Valleys - but there's nothing wrong with that - everyone likes a singalong

The drummer held aloft a City shirt apparently - I don't know why I wasn't paying attention