+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coleman off to China

Coleman off to China

Money talks, what an odd management journey though

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...eague-14766852

Re: Coleman off to China

Welsh job seems a blip in an otherwise average management career. What a blip though, great memories.

Fulham, Real Sociedad, Coventry, AEL (Cyprus), Wales, Sunderland, Hebei China Fortune. Very strange career

He comes across as a nice guy and led Wales to the semi finals of the Euros, nothing but respect for him and I hope he does well

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Fulham, Real Sociedad, Coventry, AEL (Cyprus), Wales, Sunderland, Hebei China Fortune. Very strange career

He comes across as a nice guy and led Wales to the semi finals of the Euros, nothing but respect for him and I hope he does well
    To quote his own words on Sky a few years ago with regards to the job in Cyprus...

"No chairman in Britain would allow me to play the style of play I want to use".

Seems he needs the Chinese money to hire a proctologist to remove his head from his **** - his Coventry side were the worst route one side I've ever seen, made Slade look like Guardiola.

A case of Hebei China Fortune Cookie I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    A case of Hebei China Fortune Cookie I guess!
    The secret is in the word Fortune , and he has made one in just his last two jobs ,he' will be our Steve Mclaren ,where the England job got him loads of opportunity , club football would never have delivered , or raised his profile and dosh .

not even a average manager, he appears to be a likable bloke though

He landed right on his feet with the Welsh side, it often picked itself and everything clicked into place, it was fun though

He left his wife and kids for Charlotte Jackson. And now Wales have hired Ryan Giggs who bedded his brother’s wife. Who next?

Euro 16 was amazing. But it was all down to Gareth Bale not Coleman.

Finding it hard without Rambo, Bale and 10 other EPL players.

P.S. He's not"nice".

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Euro 16 was amazing. But it was all down to Gareth Bale not Coleman.
    In my view its was a marvellous collective effort, headed up by Bale , Ramsey ,Allen and dare I say it Ashley Williams.

Add in a good backroom team, who along with the team , Mgr and nation , brought togther a once in a lifetime moment , probaly never to be repeated , incredible will to win .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    In my view its was a marvellous collective effort, headed up by Bale , Ramsey ,Allen and dare I say it Ashley Williams.

Add in a good backroom team, who along with the team , Mgr and nation , brought togther a once in a lifetime moment , probaly never to be repeated , incredible will to win .
    Remind me again what "Ash" actually did?

Oisian, Bale, Rambo, and a large slice of 'lady luck', were the main contributors to Euro 2016

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Remind me again what "Ash" actually did?

Oisian, Bale, Rambo, and a large slice of 'lady luck', were the main contributors to Euro 2016
    Williams scored our equaliser in the Belgium game

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The secret is in the word Fortune , and he has made one in just his last two jobs ,he' will be our Steve Mclaren ,where the England job got him loads of opportunity , club football would never have delivered , or raised his profile and dosh .
    The england job and the «*wally with a brolly*» match basically got maclaren blacklisted from being appointed in this country, he had to go abroad to Holland to raise it and it was only winning the league there that let him not be seen as a complete joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The england job and the «*wally with a brolly*» match basically got maclaren blacklisted from being appointed in this country, he had to go abroad to Holland to raise it and it was only winning the league there that let him not be seen as a complete joke.
    Fun fact: Andy Townsend's wife came up with 'wally with a brolly'. He had a daily mail column at the time and mentioned it to a sub editor (or someone) as he was submitting his column.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Williams scored our equaliser in the Belgium game
    I mentioned "Lady Luck" in my OP ;)

He has a head like a 50p piece!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Fun fact: Andy Townsend's wife came up with 'wally with a brolly'. He had a daily mail column at the time and mentioned it to a sub editor (or someone) as he was submitting his column.
    Because of his wife managers have been getting soaking wet ever since because they’re afraid to use umbrellas

The amount of times you see them in expensive suits on the touchline soaked through is great.

China is the new Coventry

Hope he remembers his passport

He must have the worst agent in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    I know yeah what a shite agent getting him the most money he’ll ever earn.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    Good to see the premier league Cardiff supporters drifting back.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Money talks, what an odd management journey though

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...eague-14766852
    He has made some terrible managerial decisions.
    Yes, I am sure he will be on good money but at the top of his game when Wales reached the Euro SF, to leave and go to Sunderland started the downward trend.

How the feck does he get away with it? He’s fecking shit

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    He has made some terrible managerial decisions.
    Yes, I am sure he will be on good money but at the top of his game when Wales reached the Euro SF, to leave and go to Sunderland started the downward trend.
    His stock was the highest it was ever going to get and he went to sunderland, i guess the money was good