+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Interesting and simple explanation of City's success in the promotion season...

Interesting and simple explanation of City's success in the promotion season...

...provided by the Premier League official site...

https://www.premierleague.com/news/711748

....oh well, now everyone knows what we're going to do

Re: Interesting and simple explanation of City's success in the promotion season...

Thanks, decent article that.

Also this https://www.premierleague.com/news/711840

Re: Interesting and simple explanation of City's success in the promotion season...

Interesting article I would have expected us to top amount of time spent in opposition third.

What I would say is when we got the ball in that area we did move it around well. Most professionals can move ball around under no pressure from the opposition .

There's going to be times we are going to come under a lot of criticism but people don't understand that the important part of football is getting the ball in the goal and everything else is just a means to an end.

Love Warnock

Nice to see an open minded piece with a few facts to back it up.

Very interesting throws away the theory his tatics are one dimensional, bit pocession figures only on the oppostion half is intresting , only conceded 39 goals cannot be underestimated in our sucess , and the use of 9 different formations blows the negative theory away .

His use of big powerful player's has always been something I felt we lacked, we were always a smallish side ,conceding late from set pieces etc, being bullied .

Interestingly we played a high line , with a pressing physical game, that didn't relate too mass red and yellows ,which is credit to the discipline Warnocks team installed into the side ,power ,pace controlled agression.

I'm more optimistic this year , than the last time we went up.

Reallty well written articles, that one and the 3 players to watch

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

When you add the above to the link below (first posted by RJK I think) it starts to make more clear why and how NWs game plan worked

https://statsbomb.com/2018/06/lets-t...-press-baybee/

Nice piece that