+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anthony Bourdain

Anthony Bourdain

Shocking to hear he took his own life. His book was a great read years ago, talks openly about issues he has had with booze and drugs, in fact he’s always talked about everything in public. Which makes it even more of a shock that a bloke you you would think has seen it all and come through, still takes his own life at 61.

Re: Anthony Bourdain

Fascinating character who produced really interesting tv - all about people, food and travel

I liked him. Kitchen Confidential is a good read. Life's debt always wants paying I think. Bruising encounters with tough times leave marks that don't fade. Sooner or later you can't help but notice no matter how well you seem to be doing. Takes a toll.

I was gutted when I found out, his books are very good and I found all of his TV series' superb. A real shame, I guess the demons did not leave him RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    I was gutted when I found out, his books are very good and I found all of his TV series' superb. A real shame, I guess the demons did not leave him RIP.
    Very sad.

Suicide is such a tragic thing as it reflects what turmoil someone must have been in to make that decision.

Rightly or wrongly when I hear of someone passing so young I always think I hope it's not suicide.

He was a fascinating and engaging person, Cooper Andersons tribute to him on CNN was very moving.

RIP Anthony

He always talked openly about most issues he had, travel affecting marriages etc, drinking culture that affects chefs etc...leaves behind a 10 year old girl too.
    Terrible news....

Another one who criticised the Clintons goes pop .