+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: So have we sold out of season tickets then ?

Re: So have we sold out of season tickets then ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    We have nowhere near the population of what is generally known as greater Newcastle which is touching 1 million ...........Sunderland has a greater population that Newcastle but it's catchment area is tiny

In Newcastle you can get the underground from ten miles out in the suburbs to start James park in five minutes

We have a similar UDZ to those two cities Sludge , which includes Newport , the population Cardiff can consider within their catchment area is close to 1m.

Newcastle and Sunderland are also within 12 miles of each other

SuperDad is right, we have a catchment population of well over a million and Newcastle’s million includes Sunderland! The city of Cardiff also has a greater population than Newcastle,fact! and they pull in 52k regularly?

One side has a history of top flight football and world class footballers whilst the other has one of hooliganism and disappointment it’s hardly suprising they have a bigger crowd than Cardiff.

Wales is also perceived to be a rugby loving nation whilst in Newcastle the football has always played a pivitol role for the locals and businesses of the area.

Quote Originally Posted by BR1 Bluebird View Post
    We’ll never get 60,000 seats in the ground. I know that was the original intent but the design was changed in that we put far fewer seats in be bowl than planned. We have 33,000ish now, are you going to fit another 27,000 seats above the Canton and Grange ends ? Could possibly get between 40,000 - 45,000 though, which would be more than enough for a city the size of Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    We’ll never get 60,000 seats in the ground. I know that was the original intent but the design was changed in that we put far fewer seats in be bowl than planned. We have 33,000ish now, are you going to fit another 27,000 seats above the Canton and Grange ends ? Could possibly get between 40,000 - 45,000 though, which would be more than enough for a city the size of Cardiff.
    Just adding tiers to both ends behind the goal would take capacity up to around the 40k mark. Then they could fill in the corners for an extra 14-16k seats and then finally extend the length of the top tier of the grandstand to complete the bowl for a final capacity of around 60k.

It would look something like in the link below (we can but dream eh?).

https://ibb.co/nkuQXy

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    Just adding tiers to both ends behind the goal would take capacity up to around the 40k mark. Then they could fill in the corners for an extra 14-16k seats and then finally extend the length of the top tier of the grandstand to complete the bowl for a final capacity of around 60k.

I doubt anything over 45,000 would get passed by planning as the club would have to put in more exits and widen the surrounding roads etc

For sure, its bad enough down there as it is. Anyway, back to reality...a load of tickets have just become available on e ticketing, including one additional block in the top tier of the Ninian.

For sure, its bad enough down there as it is. Anyway, back to reality...a load of tickets have just become available on e ticketing, including one additional block in the top tier of the Ninian.
    What’s the latest sales now these have been released ?

Musical chairs time. One day all the Canton and Ninian are sold out, the next day seats are available, mainly singles. There is (was?) one seat in 512 which has just come back on sale. Looks like about 22,500 STs sold.
    Last edited by IanD; 16-06-18 at 16:30. Reason: Spolling

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    What’s the latest sales now these have been released ?
    Well the club announced around a month ago that we had sold 21200 season tickets so probably looking at 21500 at least by now I would imagine. Of course that figure wont include the number of season tickets sold in cooperate areas. I have no idea how many we have sold in there, or indeed how many we can sell as each "seasonal member" can bring a certain number of 'guests' with them according to the hospitality brochure. Any prawn sandwich muncher's want to enlighten us peasants as to what the hell constitutes a 'guest'?

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Musical chairs time. One day all the Canton and Ninian are sold out, the next day seats are available, mainly singles. There is (was?) one seat in 512 which has just come back on sale. Looks like about 22,500 STs sold.
    This is typical of e ticketing, just when you think you are beginning to understand it it throws another curve ball at you. Now all of my earlier figures dont add up and I look like a complete idiot (ok I am a complete idiot but that doesnt mean I want people to find out, curse you e ticketing!)

Well the club announced around a month ago that we had sold 21200 season tickets so probably looking at 21500 at least by now I would imagine. Of course that figure wont include the number of season tickets sold in cooperate areas. I have no idea how many we have sold in there, or indeed how many we can sell as each "seasonal member" can bring a certain number of 'guests' with them according to the hospitality brochure. Any prawn sandwich muncher's want to enlighten us peasants as to what the hell constitutes a 'guest'?

This is typical of e ticketing, just when you think you are beginning to understand it it throws another curve ball at you. Now all of my earlier figures dont add up and I look like a complete idiot (ok I am a complete idiot but that doesnt mean I want people to find out, curse you e ticketing!)
    Looks like people are moving around and the club are updating newly available STs in batches, rather than one at a time. With some exceptions, the most expensive Upper Ninian have not sold. No doubt these will sell out on some match days.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Looks like people are moving around and the club are updating newly available STs in batches, rather than one at a time. With some exceptions, the most expensive Upper Ninian have not sold. No doubt these will sell out on some match days.
    They are selling, just very very slowly. Maybe they will pick up a bit now that there are few if any cheaper ones left in those blocks. Strangely, there is currently only 1 ticket available in the extra block they have made available today. Why do you torment me like this E ticketing?

Wait a minute, I think I have an idea whats happened here. They have just opened a new lounge in the Ninian stand havent they? Thats probably where they have all gone. It all makes sense now.

Actually no, why would anyone in the Canton give up their seat to become a prawn muncher. That makes no sense! I take it back.
    Last edited by Cozoni Wam; 16-06-18 at 20:23. Reason: brain fart

I suspect you’ve overestimated your numbers there.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    I suspect you’ve overestimated your numbers there.
    Yeah,
    I think we could perhaps add an extra 6-8 k by sticking a 2nd level on the ends and a few more of the corners were filled in. Not sure if you could do this at the Grandstand side anyway.

IIRC in the original plans 45k was the capacity once the 2nd tier was complete and for 60k we needed a 3rd tier.

I think what we’ve got at the moment will be perfectly adequate for quite some time yet.

If we did want to expand I expect it would be bit by bit, 3-4K at a time

The last time the stadium was extended people were laughing at the project describing it as Tan's folly. As it turned out the development is proving to be a wise investment so whose to say a further extension will not bring benefits down the line. If we have sold 23k season tickets it shouldn't be beyond the credibility that a 45k seated stadium could not attract crowds approaching that figure providing Premiership status is retained.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The last time the stadium was extended people were laughing at the project describing it as Tan's folly. As it turned out the development is proving to be a wise investment so whose to say a further extension will not bring benefits down the line. If we have sold 23k season tickets it shouldn't be beyond the credibility that a 45k seated stadium could not attract crowds approaching that figure providing Premiership status is retained.
    I agree, but we will need a few seasons in the Prem to achieve that, getting youngsters interested is key.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Yeah,
    I think we could perhaps add an extra 6-8 k by sticking a 2nd level on the ends and a few more of the corners were filled in. Not sure if you could do this at the Grandstand side anyway.

IIRC in the original plans 45k was the capacity once the 2nd tier was complete and for 60k we needed a 3rd tier.

I think what we’ve got at the moment will be perfectly adequate for quite some time yet.

If we did want to expand I expect it would be bit by bit, 3-4K at a time
    The stadium was originally planned to look like this, two tiered all the way around with a capacity of 30k.

https://ibb.co/hxqPud

The plan was to add a third tier to it eventually, taking the capacity up to 60k. The plans had to be downgraded though to get the stadium project back on track, with most of the second tier removed to reduce costs. Since completing the second tier only would have added an extra 2000 seats, Tan decided against completing it and put the stadium on an entirely different course all together in 2013, extending the Ninian Stand by nine rows and adding a large second tier, increasing the capacity by 5300 seats. He planned similar extensions to both ends behind the goals, increasing the capacity to to around the 40k mark but these plans had to be put on hold following the clubs relegation from the top flight (mercifully).

We now have a somewhat butchered looking stadium that will look even worse if they ever get round to adding second tiers to both ends.

https://ibb.co/jnpW7y.

However, if they ever did 'complete' it, I dont think I am far out in terms of the capacity. Infact, if the whole thing looked exactly like the Ninian Stand, it would hold a lot more than 60k seats (closer to 66k in fact). Its one of the biggest stands in the country in terms of number of rows of seats (66).

The stadium was originally planned to look like this, two tiered all the way around with a capacity of 30k.

The plan was to add a third tier to it eventually, taking the capacity up to 60k. The plans had to be downgraded though to get the stadium project back on track, with most of the second tier removed to reduce costs. Since completing the second tier only would have added an extra 2000 seats, Tan decided against completing it and put the stadium on an entirely different course all together in 2013, extending the Ninian Stand by nine rows and adding a large second tier, increasing the capacity by 5300 seats. He planned similar extensions to both ends behind the goals, increasing the capacity to to around the 40k mark but these plans had to be put on hold following the clubs relegation from the top flight (mercifully).

We now have a somewhat butchered looking stadium that will look even worse if they ever get round to adding second tiers to both ends.

However, if they ever did 'complete' it, I dont think I am far out in terms of the capacity. Infact, if the whole thing looked exactly like the Ninian Stand, it would hold a lot more than 60k seats (closer to 66k in fact). Its one of the biggest stands in the country in terms of number of rows of seats (66).
    The graphic showing the Canton End with the additional tier looks awful. I can’t see that template being used , rather, I think they would probably make the Ninian & Grandstand roof the same height.

Where’s an Archibald Leitch these days ?

If we put a similar size ( height) stand at the Canton End surely that will only hold 3/4000... same at Grange End as the end is only about 2/3 the length of the Ninian Side.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    The graphic showing the Canton End with the additional tier looks awful. I can’t see that template being used , rather, I think they would probably make the Ninian & Grandstand roof the same height.

Where’s an Archibald Leitch these days ?
    Well admittedly my Microsoft paint skills are not the best but thats roughly how it would look I am afraid going off this image

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/62/33/ae/6...fcc0b401a1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    If we put a similar size ( height) stand at the Canton End surely that will only hold 3/4000... same at Grange End as the end is only about 2/3 the length of the Ninian Side.
    Yes, each extension would add around 3000 extra seats.

Might that explain the missing block 110? It would be in the corner of the Canton and the Ninian, behind 108/9 to fill in the corner, if it was ever built.

👍 would still be awesome, if it ever happens