+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: So have we sold out of season tickets then ?

Re: So have we sold out of season tickets then ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Our grounds too big for us , we are not a big club , that new extension was daft
    So what happens to the 6000 people who wouldn’t be able to watch us next season and all those who would have missed Reading, Leeds, Man City games etc.. last season.

As it stands it seems the ground is just right.

We will average 32k next season, the 10th largest in the Premier League even if we are bottom! If we have a few seasons in the Premiership we will expand the Stadium and we have the potential to become a big club?

SuperBluebirds91

Next season if we average crowds of 30k plus it will be a good turnout considering pre warnock we were getting 11,000-12,000 in some matches!

Re: potential of future crowds. Try factoring in the huge planned expansion of Cardiff and its environs over the next ten years or so. Lots of new fans who will enjoy the Premier League experience.....even if they are not City fans.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Our grounds too big for us , we are not a big club , that new extension was daft
    That's, entirely demonstrably, bollocks.

I never really believed the figures announced at games in the past at Ninian,the relegation battle against Palace in 74,we were rammed like sardines in the old enclosure and the ground seemed rammed 27k was the figure,a week or so later against Scotland,the same figure but acres more room, I was there for the Hereford match,rammed,I think it was 35k, showing my age now,I was an eight year old on my late dad’s shoulders watching England in 59 along with 62k others, I know the ground was altered a number of times so it’s difficult to make comparisons.

I never really believed the figures announced at games in the past at Ninian,the relegation battle against Palace in 74,we were rammed like sardines in the old enclosure and the ground seemed rammed 27k was the figure,a week or so later against Scotland,the same figure but acres more room, I was there for the Hereford match,rammed,I think it was 35k, showing my age now,I was an eight year old on my late dad’s shoulders watching England in 59 along with 62k others, I know the ground was altered a number of times so it’s difficult to make comparisons.

Looks like there’s been a bit of a move around of the seats the club are keeping back for match day.

Quite a few more available in the lower tier corners.

But the main difference is they have made a load of rows in the end blocks of the Upper Ninian, which are a bit cheaper, available.

They have taken some me of the expensive ones in 514 off sale to make up for this.

The odd one or 2 available in most blocks in the Grandstand and the odd block in n Ninian Lower and Canton.

Sales seem to have slowed right down

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Looks like there’s been a bit of a move around of the seats the club are keeping back for match day.

Quite a few more available in the lower tier corners.

But the main difference is they have made a load of rows in the end blocks of the Upper Ninian, which are a bit cheaper, available.

They have taken some me of the expensive ones in 514 off sale to make up for this.

The odd one or 2 available in most blocks in the Grandstand and the odd block in n Ninian Lower and Canton.

Sales seem to have slowed right down

What do you think the total figure is presently?

It's mainly corners and upper Ninian where there are seats available. Subject to change, looks like very few left in lower Ninian and Canton. So, it would be good if the club did an update. Maybe not as many as I thought initially, but probably IRO of 22,000 sold. Time yet though.

Plus 3-4K of hospitality ones

Plus 3-4K of hospitality ones
    Leaving 3-4k tickets for general (home) sale. Not long till the friendlies, then back to the routine. Can't wait. How long before a complete home sell out and people after tickets because they didn't get a chance to buy one?

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Leaving 3-4k tickets for general (home) sale. Not long till the friendlies, then back to the routine. Can't wait. How long before a complete home sell out and people after tickets because they didn't get a chance to buy one?
    Probably the Newcastle game on the 18th or if not, the Arsenal one on 1/9 ( currently)

Probably the Newcastle game on the 18th or if not, the Arsenal one on 1/9 ( currently)
    Then it’s Man City, which will probably be another full house.

First chance non members will get will be Burnley where we will probably see up to 5000 empty seats as I doubt they will bring more than 1000

Main bowl has 283 available seats on sale, mainly in the corners of the Canton or in the grandstand. Very few left in the Ninian (18, 12 of which are in 117). Plenty in the upper Ninian. Doesn't look like a ST sell out before the season starts, then.