+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: So have we sold out of season tickets then ?

Re: So have we sold out of season tickets then ?

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    That would be 9.00am on a Monday morning, last time we were in the PL. Not the most convenient time. Also, looks like the Flexi tickets won't reappear in their current format, which was useful last season for those of us who live away. I've got a season ticket and know I won't be able to get to all matches.
    Maybe Corbyn could borrow your ticket on the days you can't go, if he's available?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Maybe Corbyn could borrow your ticket on the days you can't go, if he's available?
    Always give me a call or a PM, as I hold some of the army lads tickets and I know some of them will be in Afgan till about Crimbo.

I used to service TBG, till he came back into the fold

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    I have been keeping track of the number of season tickets we have been selling each day for the past week or so (yes I know I'm sad) and and it has picked up quite dramatically in the last few days, rising from an average of around 9 per day to an incredible 13!! So we are currently well on course to shift the vast majority of the remaining 830 or so in the next few months which if my maths is correct will give us around 22.5k season ticket holders next season.

22500 season ticket holders

+ 4200 seasonal hospitality memberships/guests (Sytner Lounge and Ricoh hold 1700 and 700 respectively, middle tier of the Ninian Stand holds around 1.5k which will now be known as the Ninian Lounge)

+ 3000 away fans (which is the minimum away allocation for stadiums with capacities in excess of 30k)

+ 3328 walk up (Prem rules dictate that 10% of the tickets have to be kept back for match day sales)

Total 33028 (capacity is 33280 so close enough).
    I was going to ask whether or not and how many need to be kept back. A mate suggested because of the increased away allocation needed for cup games, the difference between default 3k away allocation for league games and that of increased cup allocation (estimated 4.5k) has to be kept back in order to ensure each season ticket holder can acquire a cup game ticket, whether in own seat or relocated.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    I was going to ask whether or not and how many need to be kept back. A mate suggested because of the increased away allocation needed for cup games, the difference between default 3k away allocation for league games and that of increased cup allocation (estimated 4.5k) has to be kept back in order to ensure each season ticket holder can acquire a cup game ticket, whether in own seat or relocated.
    Spedger
    Ticket office told me that the 3 end sections in the top deck are being reserved for walk up. 1 nearest the away fans & 2 nearest the Canton, I think they're all zone 3, making them one price and easy to sell on the day.

SuperBluebirds91

That's odd as last time I didn't seem to have any problem getting tickets for friends who weren't even members! Ok so they may not have done the big matches but I remember them Coming to the Liverpool home match. I think if you buy tickets early on you should be fine as in within 3 days of going on sale. We have even more capacity now in the ground so you'd think it would be easier his time.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Always give me a call or a PM, as I hold some of the army lads tickets and I know some of them will be in Afgan till about Crimbo.

I used to service TBG, till he came back into the fold
    Thanks BT.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I'm a bit pissed of to be honest. Since I moved from Cardiff years ago, I have only been able to make 4/5 games a season. Cant justify the cost of a ST now but was on verge of buying before price went up.
    In our last Prem season I had no trouble getting tickets for a number of games(not the big ones) in the grandstand, but it is not looking good at all with nearly everything sold out. You will not get me to Upper Nin as my vertigo would kick in, if I made it up those stairs!
    You might be able to get those "flex" tickets for 6 games @ £99 probably a bit more next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    You might be able to get those "flex" tickets for 6 games @ £99 probably a bit more next season?
    I would suggest climbing the side of the stadium , but the vertigo would still kick in.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

I used to service TBG, :
    Bloody hell Tony.
    That’s an image none of us want in our heads

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    I have been keeping track of the number of season tickets we have been selling each day for the past week or so (yes I know I'm sad) and and it has picked up quite dramatically in the last few days, rising from an average of around 9 per day to an incredible 13!! So we are currently well on course to shift the vast majority of the remaining 830 or so in the next few months which if my maths is correct will give us around 22.5k season ticket holders next season.

22500 season ticket holders

+ 4200 seasonal hospitality memberships/guests (Sytner Lounge and Ricoh hold 1700 and 700 respectively, middle tier of the Ninian Stand holds around 1.5k which will now be known as the Ninian Lounge)

+ 3000 away fans (which is the minimum away allocation for stadiums with capacities in excess of 30k)

+ 3328 walk up (Prem rules dictate that 10% of the tickets have to be kept back for match day sales)

Total 33028 (capacity is 33280 so close enough).
    Didn’t realise the Middle Tier in the Ninian held so many.

Can’t see us selling all 1500 for that section as well, so that will reduce our potential gates next year in itself

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    I quoted these figures the other day , but I guess it depends who’s posting before it’s believed
    I believe you . 😉

Don’t forget about about fan segregation,it amazes me how many seats we lose, reinforced perplex sheeting between rival fans would enable us to get a full stadium .

Last time we were up im sure some matches had just a row or 2 between Home and away fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    I did ask in the ticket office, towards the end of last season, if the 6 for £99 offer would be on for this season. At that time they didn't know. Looks unlikely given the volume of ST sales IMHO but may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I believe you . 😉

Any idea when they’re sending the tickets out?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Any idea when they’re sending the tickets out?
    Good question above about selling tickets back to the club in advance so they can sell them on. Didn’t we do this last time?

Strange that a few weeks ago there were 10 pagers discussing attendances with different people blaming the rebrand and style of football etc for us ‘only’ averaging 20k last season.

Now it’s only june and fans of 50 years are worried they won’t be able to get in the ground at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Good question above about selling tickets back to the club in advance so they can sell them on. Didn’t we do this last time?

Strange that a few weeks ago there were 10 pagers discussing attendances with different people blaming the rebrand and style of football etc for us ‘only’ averaging 20k last season.

Now it’s only june and fans of 50 years are worried they won’t be able to get in the ground at all!
    So has Cardiff and it's surrounding areas suddenly become a hot bed of football in the last few weeks or are we experiencing what is to be expected, based on previous experience. from this part of the world when it comes to support levels for the local football club?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So has Cardiff and it's surrounding areas suddenly become a hot bed of football in the last few weeks or are we experiencing what is to be expected, based on previous experience. from this part of the world when it comes to support levels for the local football club?
    The latter, as was always the case. From a financial point of view, being in the PL can only help ease debt and cash flow for years to come. From an interest point of view, I'd prefer the Championship. Much more interested in playing the Jacks, Bristol City, Reading, Leeds, Villa, Baggies, Stoke, Forest home and away.

I think a lot of it is “new fans” but I also think the people who maybe pick and choose their games want to go to a lot more when we are in the premier league.

It’s the same for most clubs, I don’t know why people get quite so annoyed about it.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    The latter, as was always the case. From a financial point of view, being in the PL can only help ease debt and cash flow for years to come. From an interest point of view, I'd prefer the Championship. Much more interested in playing the Jacks, Bristol City, Reading, Leeds, Villa, Baggies, Stoke, Forest home and away.
    So you would prefer to see that shower of clubs down here, rather than Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea etc etc. Dont understand that at all.

I imagine it’s because he’s mostly interested in Cardiff city and us having a chance of winning more games interests him more. Hardly difficult to understand why some people might prefer that.

Gave up our season tickets about 7 years ago as my son was playing football every Saturday and I needed the cash when my daughter got married, so we missed the Prem 1st time around but we’ve decided to get season tickets again this season. We were in the family stand but will now be top of the Ninian upper tier. Really looking forward to the climb.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I believe you . ��

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I imagine it’s because he’s mostly interested in Cardiff city and us having a chance of winning more games interests him more. Hardly difficult to understand why some people might prefer that.
    Apart from Everton (daughter's other half is an ST holder) the other PL teams hold little interest. I'll go and watch the 'big' teams (and all the other PL teams) but could honestly take it or leave it. With the exception of Everton, I don't know anyone who supports any PL team so there is less emotional investment in terms of banter. That's part of supporting City as far as I'm concerned. Looking forward to Saturdays, the build up, the chat, the texting/piss taking/the "ok, we came second, but we should have had a penalty", the train or you driving? discussions, the "we'll see how you get on at our place then" discussions....... that part of supporting a team dies off quite a bit, for me, when we're in the PL. We need to stay up, financially, but as you can see, there are other teams I'd prefer to see us playing.