+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: So have we sold out of season tickets then ?

Re: So have we sold out of season tickets then ?

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Might that explain the missing block 110? It would be in the corner of the Canton and the Ninian, behind 108/9 to fill in the corner, if it was ever built.
    The entrance tunnel you mean? Yeah, never understood the need for so many massive entrance tunnels in our stadium. Maybe they will fill another one in this summer, boost the capacity a little bit. Don't see any reason why not. May help the atmosphere in that area of the ground as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    The entrance tunnel you mean? Yeah, never understood the need for so many massive entrance tunnels in our stadium. Maybe they will fill another one in this summer, boost the capacity a little bit. Don't see any reason why not. May help the atmosphere in that area of the ground as well.
    Sure I read somewhere that the club were looking to fit in a few hundred more seats to take capacity to around 33500

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Sure I read somewhere that the club were looking to fit in a few hundred more seats to take capacity to around 33500
    Any news on the red seats?

Yes, each extension would add around 3000 extra seats.
    I think with both ends expanded, that would take it to 38k. If the 2 corners were filled in, that would take it to 42k, and if the Grandstand was extended to the same height as the ends and the bowl complete, that would take it to around 50k, which would be the most we'd ever need IMO. I know 60k was talked about in the past but I don't think the stadium is set up to expand to that figure. Anything between 45-50k as an end product would be more than enough in the future.

No, not the entrance tunnel. If the Canton was extended, up and back, there would be a gap beteeen the Canton and the Ninian that could be constructed in a curve to join the two together. So block 110 would curve round behind 108/9 and 111. Might work. Can't see any other reason why block 110 doesn't exist. Meanwhile a (temporary?) stand could fill in the tunnel with a few more seats, hopefully for more than one season.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangetownLurker View Post
    I think with both ends expanded, that would take it to 38k. If the 2 corners were filled in, that would take it to 42k, and if the Grandstand was extended to the same height as the ends and the bowl complete, that would take it to around 50k, which would be the most we'd ever need IMO. I know 60k was talked about in the past but I don't think the stadium is set up to expand to that figure. Anything between 45-50k as an end product would be more than enough in the future.
    You can argue whether we'll ever need a 60k seater stadium or not, but that's how much our stadium would hold I reckon if they ever 'completed' it. Whether it can be completed though is anyone's guess as the stadium was never intended to be expanded like this. I have been playing around with images of the stadium for the past year or so and it does appear as though the top tiers of the GS and the NS are the same rake and would join to form a much larger tier but thats just pure speculation on my part. In reality it may not be possible to 'Ninianize' that stand.

They can always just leave it in Celtic Park/Old Trafford mode if so, which would still be kind of cool.

https://ibb.co/menuCy

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    No, not the entrance tunnel. If the Canton was extended, up and back, there would be a gap beteeen the Canton and the Ninian that could be constructed in a curve to join the two together. So block 110 would curve round behind 108/9 and 111. Might work. Can't see any other reason why block 110 doesn't exist. Meanwhile a (temporary?) stand could fill in the tunnel with a few more seats, hopefully for more than one season.
    You mean adding an extra 9 rows of seats to the other stands like this?

https://ibb.co/gDWkkJ

We would probably have to widen the concourse to do that, which would be expensive and only give us an extra 1800 seats behind both goals.

Hang on. You are wondering whether block 110 is the curve between the middle tier of the Ninian Stand and the prospective middle tier of the Canton Stand?

Am I getting warmer?

Hang on. You are wondering whether block 110 is the curve between the middle tier of the Ninian Stand and the prospective middle tier of the Canton Stand?

Am I getting warmer?
    Add enough rows to the Canton to continue the roofline round from the Ninian. Block 110 would then become the corner block between the two stands, behind 108/9 and 111.

Right well given that the canton extension might never happen (probably wont knowing our history) I very much doubt there's a block 110 above those areas sorry. Maybe one day we shall endeavour to solve the mystery that is block 110.

Right well given that the canton extension might never happen (probably wont knowing our history) I very much doubt there's a block 110 above those areas sorry. Maybe one day we shall endeavour to solve the mystery that is block 110.
    The X10 Blocks (110, 210, etc) would be where the emergency exits are from the stadium at pitch level.

You are right, I have just had a look at e ticketing and there is a block missing in all of the corners - except the one we filled in when we last went up (102).

So block 110 is almost certainly the entrance tunnel in the Canton/Ninian corner that has yet to be filled in.

Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    �� would still be awesome, if it ever happens
    I agree. What a stadium we'd have with a second tier behind the goals linked to the Ninian Stand 'folly'

less than a decade ago we were playing in a dilapidated (all due respect to the wonderful Ninian Park) ground and could only we'd be Premier League in a Premier stadium.

Yes the Championship is a great division, tough as hell and great entertainment week in week out, but we have to have ambition to get higher and better.

I realise it's highly unlikely that we wI'll expand further but isn't it great that we are even taking about the possibility? Only a couple of years ago the extra Nin Stand was being laughed at as Tan's folly.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I realise it's highly unlikely that we wI'll expand further but isn't it great that we are even taking about the possibility? Only a couple of years ago the extra Nin Stand was being laughed at as Tan's folly.
    36E61233-0F52-467C-A7AD-25A87B9B7A6F.jpg

Great stand the Ninian

I’d love to see our Stadium completed,it would mean we were a top 6 side in the Premier League with Manure or Liverpool struggling in 7th place ��

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Our stadium always was a little bit on the small side for my liking. You look at clubs with similar sized fanbase's - Leicester, Southampton, Coventry - they all built 30k+ stadiums right off the bat and sure enough it wasn't long before we needed a bigger stadium. Having said that, we couldn't have picked a worse time to go ahead with the expansion. Pretty much summed up just how out of touch Tan was at the time.

Our stadium always was a little bit on the small side for my liking. You look at clubs with similar sized fanbase's - Leicester, Southampton, Coventry - they all built 30k+ stadiums right off the bat and sure enough it wasn't long before we needed a bigger stadium. Having said that, we couldn't have picked a worse time to go ahead with the expansion. Pretty much summed up just how out of touch Tan was at the time.
    The plans were in place for the expansion two years prior and I’m sure it was decided to go ahead to enable us to hoste UEFA finals and wales games.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    The plans were in place for the expansion two years prior and I’m sure it was decided to go ahead to enable us to hoste UEFA finals and wales games.
    Where the hell did this myth come from? I see it regurgitated on here all the time. We had already been awarded the Super Cup. The super cup has always been played at smaller venues historically and our stadium was already more than big enough already.

And its called the Cardiff City stadium for a reason. It belongs to us, not Wales. Don't get me wrong, I am a massive Wales fan and everything but its not and never will be the national stadium and we shouldn't be making it bigger to suit them and if that was the reason behind it then the club need shooting as the club have been playing in a half empty stadium ever since!

Where the hell did this myth come from? I see it regurgitated on here all the time. We had already been awarded the Super Cup. The super cup has always been played at smaller venues historically and our stadium was already more than big enough already.

And its called the Cardiff City stadium for a reason. It belongs to us, not Wales. Don't get me wrong, I am a massive Wales fan and everything but its not and never will be the national stadium and we shouldn't be making it bigger to suit them and if that was the reason behind it then the club need shooting as the club have been playing in a half empty stadium ever since!
    I had also heard it was being part-funded by UEFA but all I can find to support this is the following:

http://www.footballforums.net/thread...ansion.242888/

"With the 2014 Super Cup being held at the CCS , I am led to believe that Mr Platini and his friends have earmarked a considerable amount of money for the Cardiff City board to to help with specific stadium upgrades which would be required to host the match.

Work will start on the expansion of Cardiff City stadium this September and will be completed ahead of the 2014/15 season.The initial first stage will take the stadium capacity to 32,500.5,000 seats will be added to the Ninian Stand and a pub like seated area in the concourse area for 1,000 people.The roof of the Ninian Stand will be higher than other parts of the stadium as a result.You will not see any seats added to the main bowl until next summer but will see preparation work underway from September.The plan is to have 27,500 capacity for this season.Phase 2 will see the the Canton End and Grange End extended by upto 3,000 extra seats per stand taking the capacity to 38,500.Phase 3 will see the corners filled in to take the capacity to over 42,000.All this is hoped to be completed within 2 years.The initial cost is £12m."

So it might still just be a myth...

Well I very much doubt UEFA make a habit of gifting clubs money to build new stands so they can host their matches somehow. Very generous of them if they did. Maybe they can help us build a few more new stands so we can host the Champions League final there one day.

Well I very much doubt UEFA make a habit of gifting clubs money to build new stands so they can host their matches somehow. Very generous of them if they did. Maybe they can help us build a few more new stands so we can host the Champions League final there one day.

Third party cash from large organisations is not uncommon though is it ?

How much lottery funding for the Millennium Stadium was allocated to the WRU?

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Third party cash from large organisations is not uncommon though is it ?

How much lottery funding for the Millennium Stadium was allocated to the WRU?
    Too much. Way too much. But then the egg always gets everything their own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I agree. What a stadium we'd have with a second tier behind the goals linked to the Ninian Stand 'folly'

less than a decade ago we were playing in a dilapidated (all due respect to the wonderful Ninian Park) ground and could only we'd be Premier League in a Premier stadium.

Yes the Championship is a great division, tough as hell and great entertainment week in week out, but we have to have ambition to get higher and better.

Too much. Way too much. But then the egg always gets everything their own way.
    Quite right. Lots of questions to be answered if the Welsh media had bothered to ask.

Sure I read we were given a grant of £1m for it, whether it wa UEFA or something like The Football Trust I don’t know. They certainly didn’t pay all of it as the club had to write half of the cost down in the accounts when it was shut with the effect of reducing profit ( or more likely increasing loss by £5-6m)