Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
Well in that case they should have said thanks but no thanks. It was a nonsensical decision at the time to add another tier to our stadium and the fact it will be full next season doesn't change that.

I trust Tan has learnt from his mistake and wont be making our ground bigger any time soon.
Seen a lot of similar comments.

The decision was made while we were still in the Prem and had a large waiting list for season tickets.

It would have been filled if we stayed up and even after going down a few thousand season tickets were sold in there - although admittedly they may we’ll have ended up in other parts of the ground.

Since then our attendances dropped dramatically, but the club weren’t to know that.

It was instrumental in our getting the Wales games, and also I thought the Super Cup had to have a 30k ground, so I would expect it’s already paid back a few million.

We’ve also used it on many occasions since - probably allowing another 30/50k to see the club play - a few hundred thousand pounds more into the clubs coffers

Next season it will be worth something in the rand of £3m for the club in ticket sales and commercial revenue so well on its way to paying for itself.

If we stay up one season, or are in with a chance of staying up and sell season tickets in Jan/Feb for next year then it’ll be near to breaking even.

The stand will be there for up to 100 years creating income every time it’s used.

It was a great long term investment for the club and I bet plenty of other teams who have graced the Premiership recently wish that they had been able to do similar.