+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Question for the Beer, Lager, Cider drinkers.

Re: A Question for the Beer, Lager, Cider drinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I remember that, used to call it 'Hooligans' I can also remember a beer called Faust? sounds ****ing disgusting, although I never did sample it. Remember Labatts, that used to be popular late eighties early nineties.
    i wouldnt say they were popular , moreso they were the only lager brains sold at the time

Mostly I've always stuck to lager, with the occasional Guinness thrown in, over the years. In the 80's I had a session on Diamond White and, for some reason, went home and threw every piece of furniture that was upstairs, downstairs. No more Cider after that for at least 35 years. Nowadays I like a Peroni or Cobra but have also recently started on the fruity ciders, with no after effect at all. I think for most of us it depends on where your head is in life that will determine how a drink affects you. I think of myself nowadays as a more level headed and placid person, as opposed to the angry young man I was, so a fruity cider or a 5% lager doesn't bother me nowadays.

International

An ex partner of mine was great to go out drinking with because she drank bitter pint for pint with me But 3 pints of Cafferys and she would argue with God almighty. I had to stop her drinking it. Never knew what the difference was

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    An ex partner of mine was great to go out drinking with because she drank bitter pint for pint with me But 3 pints of Cafferys and she would argue with God almighty. I had to stop her drinking it. Never knew what the difference was
    Not sure whether it is an old wives tale or what but I'm sure I'd heard somewhere that women have something in their dna that means they absorb more alcohol than blokes and that's why they drink halves*.

If this were the case, her having 3 pints would be like you drinking 6, of strong gear and I bet in no time, so can't say I'm surprised.

*this used to be the case years ago, women on halves, although after about the third date, my missus went on the pints and hasn't drank a half since.
    I sometimes feel I'd been duped

£2.50 a pint, but £1.26p for a half.

Special Vat cider, now there was a drink!!! Allbright, the driving mans beer, hasn’t been mentioned yet😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Special Vat cider, now there was a drink!!! Allbright, the driving mans beer, hasn’t been mentioned yet����
    Allbright

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Ba Ba Ba at =70p complete with ice lump to cool it down

I must have too much of this because I thought I already posted this reply but I don’t see it in the thread.
    I’d better lay off it for a few days

I worked in my local pub for a number of years and there were certain drinks that made people turn from mild mannered to raging loon. The worst was Lowenbrau (laughing brew as it was jokingly renamed!) it would turn people stupid after 4 pints so we were told not to serve anyone more than 4. I remember one evening a regular drinker decided he would try it rather than his usual best bitter. This guy was a senior scientist at the local pharmaceutical manufacturer so wasn't some local loon. After 4 pints he decided he would take on the whole pub. He broke several tables, a woman's arm and his best mate's nose. It was like the Tasmanian Devil off the cartoons. It took five blokes to hold him down in the end until he fell asleep. We stopped selling it after this incident. Other incidents included a bloke jumping out of a window (and failing badly) as he thought everyone in the pub was after him. Another bloke dropping down some stone steps at the back and face-planting requiring an ambulance, numerous stitches and some dentistry work. The list goes on. But that stuff was a lager that changed people!