+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gruff Rhys tonight

Gruff Rhys tonight

Anyone do The Stereophonics last night, and Gruff tonight?

Just asking.

Re: Gruff Rhys tonight

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Anyone do The Stereophonics last night, and Gruff tonight?

Just asking.
    Did Stereophonics but had to miss out on Gruff as I’m in hospital. My lad was keen but I scuppered that

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Did Stereophonics but had to miss out on Gruff as I’m in hospital. My lad was keen but I scuppered that
    Hope you're on the mend Mike. All the best mate.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Hope you're on the mend Mike. All the best mate.
    Cheers. Leg in full brace. Cannot bend my knee for 4 weeks. And then gradually bend it for a few weeks after that. Crutches and housebound (when they discharge me). My football career is over. No more contact sports at all actually.

I’ve had to have my quad tendon grafted back onto my kneecap after snapping it at 5 aside. Moved around on it for 2 weeks before I got a scan and they took me in straight away (well allowing me time to go to Stereos).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Cheers. Leg in full brace. Cannot bend my knee for 4 weeks. And then gradually bend it for a few weeks after that. Crutches and housebound (when they discharge me). My football career is over. No more contact sports at all actually.

I’ve had to have my quad tendon grafted back onto my kneecap after snapping it at 5 aside. Moved around on it for 2 weeks before I got a scan and they took me in straight away (well allowing me time to go to Stereos).
    Jeez, saw the photo of your leg in the brace on twitter. Looks and sounds painful. Speedy recovery Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Jeez, saw the photo of your leg in the brace on twitter. Looks and sounds painful. Speedy recovery Mike!
    Thanks

Did he play any SFA stuff? Saw that he tweeted about playing his new record and some "oldies".

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Did he play any SFA stuff? Saw that he tweeted about playing his new record and some "oldies".
    No SFA stuff, to be honest I’ve seen never him do SFA stuff solo. He did about 45 mins of older solo stuff with Sweet Baboo on bass and Kliph Scurlock on drums and two girl backing singers, and then, backed by the National Orchesta of Wales, he played pretty much all the new album. It was a great performance. But then I would say that, I think he’s brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    No SFA stuff, to be honest I’ve seen never him do SFA stuff solo. He did about 45 mins of older solo stuff with Sweet Baboo on bass and Kliph Scurlock on drums and two girl backing singers, and then, backed by the National Orchesta of Wales, he played pretty much all the new album. It was a great performance. But then I would say that, I think he’s brilliant.
    Sounds amazing, wish I could have gone

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Sounds amazing, wish I could have gone
    Me too. Gruff is one of the most talented and creative musicians I can think of.

Two ends of the Music spectrum Gruff Rhys brilliance, and the other anthem lot.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Two ends of the Music spectrum Gruff Rhys brilliance, and the other anthem lot.
    Stereophonics?

I just don't get it. Do they play in stadiums all over the country? Or is it just Wales?

They play to about 1500 people over here.

Stereophonics?

I just don't get it. Do they play in stadiums all over the country? Or is it just Wales?

They play to about 1500 people over here.
    Last I heard they were playing works Christmas parties.

Me too. Gruff is one of the most talented and creative musicians I can think of.
    He never stops!
    I wasn't sure about this new album, but it just grows on you. The Orchestra arrangement was amazing.
    Wonder what he'll come up with next

P.S....hang em up Mike. Get well soon mate.