+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Norwich's parachute payments.

Norwich's parachute payments.

I was reading this piece

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich...rphy-1-5555056

about our alleged target Josh Murphy, but my question is about the following extract from the article;-

"It’s no secret that Norwich need to raise money this summer to plug the £20m hole in their finances due to the end of the parachute payments."

My question is, Norwich were relegated with us from the Premier League in 13/14, but were promoted again in 14/15, only to come down again the following season. Our parachute payments from 13/14 were going to run out this summer, b ut it appears as if the same applies with Norwich despite them having won that other promotion. So, although I've read about new regulations saying that the amount of time we'll be getting parachute payments will be reduced under new regulations if we were to get relegated again after one season, would the amount we get be reduced in any way just because we only spent the one season in the top flight - Norwich don't seem to have gained much from their season in the Premier League in 14/15.

Re: Norwich's parachute payments.

I think they get one more payment after this season but isn’t the last seasons parachute payments vastly reduced , hence the financial shortfall ?

Re: Norwich's parachute payments.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was reading this piece

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich...rphy-1-5555056

about our alleged target Josh Murphy, but my question is about the following extract from the article;-

"It’s no secret that Norwich need to raise money this summer to plug the £20m hole in their finances due to the end of the parachute payments."

My question is, Norwich were relegated with us from the Premier League in 13/14, but were promoted again in 14/15, only to come down again the following season. Our parachute payments from 13/14 were going to run out this summer, b ut it appears as if the same applies with Norwich despite them having won that other promotion. So, although I've read about new regulations saying that the amount of time we'll be getting parachute payments will be reduced under new regulations if we were to get relegated again after one season, would the amount we get be reduced in any way just because we only spent the one season in the top flight - Norwich don't seem to have gained much from their season in the Premier League in 14/15.
    They changed the rules since our last promotion that if you went up and came straight back down, you only get two years parachute payments now.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...premier-league