+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: North Korea Summit

North Korea Summit

Any predictions?

Re: North Korea Summit

1-0 Kim with a cheeky red carpet entrance

No predictions, but credit to Trump for his part in making this happen.

President Donald Trump has stunned the Korean Peninsula by announcing the stoppage of U.S.-South Korean annual war games that have long been defended as defensive and vital by the allies.

Trump spoke to reporters after his summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on Tuesday and essentially took the North Korean line on the military exercises, calling them “provocative.”

The 28,500 U.S. troops are stationed in South Korea.

Trump called the war games “tremendously expensive,” suggested South Korea didn’t contribute enough and said they would be “inappropriate” as the U.S. and North Korea negotiate a new relationship.

A statement from South Korean President Moon Jae-in says the Trump-Kim summit opens a new era of peace and cooperation. The statement did not address Trump’s comments about the drills.

Seoul’s presidential office told the Associated Press that it was trying to discern the exact meaning and intent of Trump’s comments.
    https://apnews.com/88031aa89d3b47d6bfd1c3d8ef96be27

So who is Trump working for?

BREAKING: Trump says he talked up North Korea's real estate, beachside hotel opportunities in Kim Jong Un meeting.
    https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/stat...66060135075840

Always eyeing up a business opportunity, is our Donald. It's fine for the President of the US to do this during a meeting with a nuclear enemy.

Anybody else want to go back to the days where we were 5 seconds away from NK nuking the feck out of us? I miss the fear tremendously, Trump is such a b@stard for taking away the means of our total annihilation. Trump just doesn't get it does he, nobody wants to have a peaceful existence and live forever. We demand that those NK nukes are pointed directly back at us again without delay! And make sure they are switched on!! #VoteForWorldDestruction

In Glueyland, everyone lives happily ever after (and tucked up in bed with a goodnight kiss from Daddy Trump).

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    In Glueyland, everyone lives happily ever after (and tucked up in bed with a goodnight kiss from Daddy Trump).
    Tucked up in bed at a NK Trump beach resort? Leftism is disease!

NK have never had the range on their nukes to nuke the feck out of us.

How anyone can be happy with the president of a first world country cosying up to a despot who kills his own citizens either via starvation of using anti aircraft guns in front of a live audience must be an idiot or a lunatic or both.

And 2 days ago he was calling Canada their enemy, it really is beyond belief.

And does anyone actually believe that NK are actually going to stop now?

And why when Obama talked about trying to reach out to NK was it shouted down immediately by every right wing news outlet yet they were supportive of trump?

The whole political debate has lost meaning because of people like wales-bales, they don’t listen to the other side they just shut it down by posting weird paragraphs like that one above and continue living in a bubble without realising what’s actually going on. It’s pretty terrifying.

There’s no discourse any more, and confidently the brexit debate is exactly the same. Any attempt to discuss the negotiations or that every current plan is predicted to hurt the economy is shouted down by “just leave already”

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Thanks for making my point for me before I’d even posted

Just move to North Korea pal there’s no chance of anything approaching left wing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

How anyone can be happy with the president of a first world country cosying up to a despot who kills his own citizens either via starvation of using anti aircraft guns in front of a live audience must be an idiot or a lunatic or both.

And why when Obama talked about trying to reach out to NK was it shouted down immediately by every right wing news outlet yet they were supportive of trump?

The whole political debate has lost meaning because of people like wales-bales, they don’t listen to the other side they just shut it down by posting weird paragraphs like that one above and continue living in a bubble without realising what’s actually going on. It’s pretty terrifying.

There’s no discourse any more, and confidently the brexit debate is exactly the same. Any attempt to discuss the negotiations or that every current plan is predicted to hurt the economy is shouted down by “just leave already”
    Iran will be next to experience the world peace treatment. War mongers everywhere are distraught, as this period was supposed to be Hillary's WW3!

Just move to North Korea pal there’s no chance of anything approaching left wing there.
    I'm a Corbyn supporter and I pray he has more sense than you lot! A reunification of North and South Korea is good for the world. Only an ideologue would see it any differently.

Of course it would be good for the world. What ****ing idiot things peace is a bad thing for the world? No one is saying that would be bad.

What people are saying is this isn’t that moment and cosying up to a man who is directly responsible for the deaths of his citizens and trusting and empowering him is not the way to achieve it.

I couldn’t give a shit who you support saying you’re left or right leaning has become a way of just shutting down debate.

The last few days have been unbelievable, and they'll probably form their own chapter in history books of the future. America has turned its back on its closest allies, and in spectacular fashion with phrases like "a special place in hell" coming from an adviser to the president, and just one plane trip later it welcomes a nuclear armed authoritarian outcast and submits to them without asking for anything meaningful in return.

The last few days have been unbelievable, and they'll probably form their own chapter in history books of the future. America has turned its back on its closest allies, and in spectacular fashion with phrases like "a special place in hell" coming from an adviser to the president, and just one plane trip later it welcomes a nuclear armed authoritarian outcast and submits to them without asking for anything meaningful in return.
    It’s genuinly terrifying. Look at the front pages of the express and the sun today, I remember a few years ago it was shocking how right leaning everywhere was becoming. But it’s way beyond that now, we are in the first throws of actually outright facism. It’s not even a superlative anymore that’s literally where we are.

Two Tory MPs stepped down today because they thought brexit was not being negotiated in a way that would benefit the country. They even explicitly said they still thought brexit should be pushed through yet were being called traitors.

Of course it would be good for the world. What ****ing idiot things peace is a bad thing for the world? No one is saying that would be bad.

What people are saying is this isn’t that moment and cosying up to a man who is directly responsible for the deaths of his citizens and trusting and empowering him is not the way to achieve it.

I couldn’t give a shit who you support saying you’re left or right leaning has become a way of just shutting down debate.
    When is the moment? You are forgetting that this also involves South Korea, Japan and China who want to live in peace and will be paying for it. It's not all about Trump, he just happens to be the person who is making it all happen.

Could you imagine sabotaging the peace deal in Northern Ireland because you imagined that somebody could have had some vague thoughts about building a hotel there, so you insisted that the attrocities on the mainland must continue just in case on the off-chance the above might have been true.

When is the moment? You are forgetting that this also involves South Korea, Japan and China who want to live in peace and will be paying for it. It's not all about Trump, he just happens to be the person who is making it all happen.
    Maybe Trump should start involving South Korea in his decisions then.

Could you imagine sabotaging the peace deal in Northern Ireland because you imagined that somebody could have had some vague thoughts about building a hotel there, so you insisted that the attrocities on the mainland must continue just in case on the off-chance the above might have been true.
    I think you forgot to include your "this isn't a serious post" smiley.

Maybe Trump should start involving South Korea in his decisions then.
    The plan is for unification with the south. This is old news, but any excuse to wet your knickers!

I think you forgot to include your "this isn't a serious post" smiley.
    I don’t know how you do this every day, he isn’t worth the effort. I can feel a tumour growing every time I read anything he’s written.

I've noticed he gets more hysterical and defensive when trump is doing his bigger feckups. I think it's called doubling down.

I've noticed he gets more hysterical and defensive when trump is doing his bigger feckups. I think it's called doubling down.
    Haha, this is the best thread ever, you have totally exposed yourself. You choose war over peace just because Donald Trump is involved.

Doubling Down syndrome