+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Potter to Jacks official

Potter to Jacks official

Signs 3 year contract. Pretty impressive CV to be fair.

Re: Potter to Jacks official

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Signs 3 year contract. Pretty impressive CV to be fair.
    Thought he'd have a better car than a CV. !

It's a massive risk for them but if I was a Jack I'd rather them go for Potter than Paul Lambert, McCarthy or someone of that Ilk.

I've watched a few interviews with Potter and he comes across well. He's articulate and seems to have a vision of how to manage a football club.

Good luck to him, deserves a crack at a higher league. Think he's got a fair bit of clearing out to do at Swansea, and isn't likely to be able to bring in many from his old club who are likely to be good enough but he comes across very well from what I've seen.

Trigger happy Yank owners and smackhead fanbase haven't nearly enough patience. Potter to get a bullet before Chrimbo.

The new OGS if ever there was one

I'm sure he'll bring some magic to the role.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    The new OGS if ever there was one
    I don't think so. Ogs had (or knew someone with) an eye for a player, but had no real clear idea on how he wanted to play (or if he did it really wasn't apparent). That and his contacts within football were probably enough for a moderate amount of success in Norway .

Potter is a very different kind of guy, there are no stand out individuals in his team, he puts a very high emphasis on team spirit and having he right atmosphere in the dressing room, and has a definite style of play.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't think so. Ogs had (or knew someone with) an eye for a player, but had no real clear idea on how he wanted to play (or if he did it really wasn't apparent). That and his contacts within football were probably enough for a moderate amount of success in Norway .

Potter is a very different kind of guy, there are no stand out individuals in his team, he puts a very high emphasis on team spirit and having he right atmosphere in the dressing room, and has a definite style of play.

If he’s given the time he needs to change the approach/mind set of the players he inherits; the gunslinger owners and the deluded fanbase

Or he’ll be out by Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

He’s certainly got his work cut out with team spirit there, as there is none. No leaders either. Will he be given years? I doubt it. More of a Sunderland situ I envisage.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    He’s certainly got his work cut out with team spirit there, as there is none. No leaders either. Will he be given years? I doubt it. More of a Sunderland situ I envisage.
    At ostersunds each year he makes the players and staff all put on a show or a concert at the end of the season. It takes the players right out of their comfort zone and helps to create a good team environment. It brings some of the quieter individuals out of themselves and according to him gets the players more comfortable expressing themselves on the pitch too.

I'll. Be really interested too see if he attempts to bring that back to the championship and how it goes.

Would you go along in preseason to watch the players putting on a production of miss Saigon?

wish him all the worse luck on the football field League 1 for them please

I’m gutted he’s gone there because I started following his progress a bit after there was a big article about him a few seasons ago. Wanted him to get a decent job and do well but I wouldn’t want the jacks to be the ones getting the benefit of it.

But does Graham know they haven’t got a pot to piss in

12 games.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    wish him all the worse luck on the football field League 1 for them please
    The fans hate Jenkins and co, he continue to take 10 grand a week out for doing nothing, after selling out to the hedge funders. Alleg his 125k investment has netted him back a paltry £17 million thus far. They won’t be going anywhere but league 1 until they sort the hate out.