+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: City Quiz Questions

Re: City Quiz Questions

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There was also a Welsh ref?
    There may have been but that's not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by BINGE THINKING View Post
    No. Question 3 is players sent off playing AGAINST City. Two of them including the first are pretty well-known names however.
    I thought he got sent off on his debut. Eddie May signed him. And I think his first game was the 5-0 defeat to Maidstone.

4 is Blackpool H

Is 2 Alf Sherwood?

I'm in complete guessing territory now with these questions, so I'll have a go with something like both teams wore the other side's normal kit for question 1 and, although I'm sure it's wrong, I'll go for Bater's red card being the only time a player had been sent off against each of the four Welsh clubs.

Also, it's just come to me that Dunne from Millwall has been sent off against us twice I think.

Moving in the right direction but a bit more unusual than that.
    1st substitution to be sent off?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    4 is Blackpool H
    Correct !

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Is 2 Alf Sherwood?
    Correct again.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm in complete guessing territory now with these questions, so I'll have a go with something like both teams wore the other side's normal kit for question 1 and, although I'm sure it's wrong, I'll go for Bater's red card being the only time a player had been sent off against each of the four Welsh clubs.

Also, it's just come to me that Dunne from Millwall has been sent off against us twice I think.
    Alan Dunne is correct for one of the four sent off twice. You may need to think about some other Cardiff/Wrexham clashes to get the Bater question.

Alan Dunne is correct for one of the four sent off twice. You may need to think about some other Cardiff/Wrexham clashes to get the Bater question.
    Is it something to do with that match we won 5-1 when Wrexham had a couple of players sent off? As I said before though, I'm just guessing now and have to admit defeat - I was determined not to look anything up while trying to answer the questions, but I must admit I did have a quick look in the John Crooks book for any info about question 1 and found nothing, so the only way I'd ever get that one right would be through a fluke.