Should he stay or should he go?

Re: Pilkington

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    You've got to let me know.

Club have actively been looking to offload him for 2 seasons, if there is a club that will take his wage, he will go.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    You've got to let me know.
    If I stay there will be trouble

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Club have actively been looking to offload him for 2 seasons, if there is a club that will take his wage, he will go.
    Isn't his contract up with us now?

No he has another year apparently.

If his contract is up, is it worth us trying to keep him if he agrees to low wages? He's technically one of our best players and could be more than a useful backup in the top flight if the price is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If his contract is up, is it worth us trying to keep him if he agrees to low wages? He's technically one of our best players and could be more than a useful backup in the top flight if the price is right.
    Agree. He could do a job if called upon and he would have no hang ups about the premiership.

I really hope Warnock convinces him to stay but it depends on his own aspirations.
    He would probably get a start in half of the teams in the Championship but does he want to stay fit (which he has done this season when unfavoured), warm the bench with the hope of taking his chance if the opportunity arises with us in the prem?

It was a similar case with Peter Whittingham who was out of favour for a long while in Malky Mackay's championship winning side but played many premiership games.
    Many thought at the time, including me, that he would go.

There's always been something about him that I've never liked, but I can't put my finger on it.

Pilks signed a new 3 year deal in the early part of Trollope's reign. It was fair enough, he'd scored 9 goals the season before and was our best attacking player at the time. He's now in the last year of his deal.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    There's always been something about him that I've never liked, but I can't put my finger on it.
    He can be a pane, but he's a smashing guy.

Needs to do more Idiot abroad IMO

The one player I think wanock didn't get enough out of and it suprised me. He's clever ,good technically , got decent work rate and can play a number of positions. I think a few time last year could have put him out wide and used his delivery rather than NML.

Stay.

Technically good and can play in a number of positions. Excellent attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    He can be a pane, but he's a smashing guy.
    It took me a while!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Stay.

Technically good and can play in a number of positions. Excellent attitude.
    ^^^^THIS ALL DAY^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Agree. He could do a job if called upon and he would have no hang ups about the premiership.

I really hope Warnock convinces him to stay but it depends on his own aspirations.
    He would probably get a start in half of the teams in the Championship but does he want to stay fit (which he has done this season when unfavoured), warm the bench with the hope of taking his chance if the opportunity arises with us in the prem?

It was a similar case with Peter Whittingham who was out of favour for a long while in Malky Mackay's championship winning side but played many premiership games.
    Many thought at the time, including me, that he would go.
    Whitts out of favour for a long time in the championship winning side? He started 37 games that season and come on as sub in 3 of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It took me a while!

If it was my club and choice id keep them all ,give them a one year rise to say thank you, but in reality they want/need to play to prolong their careers , having said that Pilks is a useful bench man to have he can play wide up front and midfield .

Made 75 appearances in the EPL. Keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Whitts out of favour for a long time in the championship winning side? He started 37 games that season and come on as sub in 3 of them?
    Perhaps it was the season before then.
    I know my memory ain't great these days but I seem to remember he wasn't first choice for a while and I did not think he would get a look in if we got promotion.

Regrettably go.

Great professional and probably one of the most technically gifted players at the club, however limited by pace and not having a defined position hasn't helped him. Not quite good enough for a striker, too slow for a winger and not quite got the guile for a number 10. But even typing this hurts a bit because he has been the ultimate professional for us and deserves a shot.