+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: WALES v Russia (women) on BBC 2 Wales @ 7.00pm tonight

Academy

WALES v Russia (women) on BBC 2 Wales @ 7.00pm tonight

Continuing the theme from BLUETIT's post on the Bosnia game ... This one is in Newport and another one nil will do. Results wise.

Re: WALES v Russia (women) on BBC 2 Wales @ 7.00pm tonight

Quote Originally Posted by KevDeri View Post
    Continuing the theme from BLUETIT's post on the Bosnia game ... This one is in Newport and another one nil will do. Results wise.
    It’s sold out apparently. Wales are 2nd behind England in the group. Is being runner up enough or do they have to win the group to qualify?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    It’s sold out apparently. Wales are 2nd behind England in the group. Is being runner up enough or do they have to win the group to qualify?
    The top four second places in the seven groups will play off for one World Cup place. A draw will ensure Wales finish at least second in their group, but, with only the home game with England to come, could leave them short of a high enough second place finish.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...european/table

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

It is sold out , but is being held at Newport Stadium which has a tiny capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The top four second places in the seven groups will play off for one World Cup place. A draw will ensure Wales finish at least second in their group, but, with only the home game with England to come, could leave them short of a high enough second place finish.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...european/table
    Do you not think Wales have a chance against England then Bob?
    They are talking Wales up post-Russia win and a win vs England then don't they win it?

Edit: I just realised England have a game in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Do you not think Wales have a chance against England then Bob?
    They are talking Wales up post-Russia win and a win vs England then don't they win it?

Edit: I just realised England have a game in hand.
    If they beat engerlund next, they’ll be 4 points ahead of them and will win the group. They drew away against them a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    If they beat engerlund next, they’ll be 4 points ahead of them and will win the group. They drew away against them a few months ago.
    Yeah course they do

Not sure why I doubted myself and added the last bit, probably because TOBW sounded uncharacteristically dismissive of their chances.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yeah course they do

Not sure why I doubted myself and added the last bit, probably because TOBW sounded uncharacteristically dismissive of their chances.
    England's other game is in Kazakhstan a few days after they play us and you would expect them to win there if they had to. Full credit to Wales for being able to get the draw in England and, with their defensive record, you could, maybe, see them repeating that achievement in August, but they are, almost certainly, going to have to win. Wales will have to take a few risks and I just reckon England will score somewhere along the line - if they do, then I can't see us scoring twice, but it'll get very interesting if we could go 1-0 up.