+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A £1 lost in the WC sweepstake!

A £1 lost in the WC sweepstake!

I've got this lot, with the mix & match names!

Abdoulaye Diallo, Khadim Ndiaye, Alfred Gomis, Lamine Gassama, Moussa Wague, Saliou Ciss, Youssouf Sabaly, Kalidou Kalidou, Salif Sane, Cheikhou Kouyate, Kara Mbodji, Idrisa Gana Gueye, Cheikh Ndoye, Alfred Ndiaye, Pape Alioune Ndiaye, Moussa Sow, Moussa Konate, Diafra Sakho, Sadio Mane, Ismaila Sarr, Mame Biram Diouf, Mbaye Niang, Diao Keita Balde

AKA Senegal

Re: A £1 lost in the WC sweepstake!

I've got Germany for a £2 stake - I think mine looks a little healthier a bet than yours...

World Cup sweepstakes are terrible. 32 teams and only about 4 ever have a realistic chance of winning.

I got Peru!!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    World Cup sweepstakes are terrible. 32 teams and only about 4 ever have a realistic chance of winning.
    I know where you're coming from but I've won more with Grand National sweepstakes than with the bookies!

I have entered two and got Iceland in both.

Come on Gunner!!!

Costa Rica.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

Abdoulaye Diallo, Khadim Ndiaye, Alfred Gomis, Lamine Gassama, Moussa Wague, Saliou Ciss, Youssouf Sabaly, Kalidou Kalidou, Salif Sane, Cheikhou Kouyate, Kara Mbodji, Idrisa Gana Gueye, Cheikh Ndoye, Alfred Ndiaye, Pape Alioune Ndiaye, Moussa Sow, Moussa Konate, Diafra Sakho, Sadio Mane, Ismaila Sarr, Mame Biram Diouf, Mbaye Niang, Diao Keita Balde

AKA Senegal
    Decent team, should get out the group and then beat England in the round of 16. keeps it interesting for a pound.

I got France so will be rooting for the frogs

I got Uruguay for £5

I have Spain and Tunisia in my sweepstake.£2 a go,and you have to supply a bottle of beer from the country you have.Obviously difficult for some countries so you can get one from close by,but a cracking prize for the winner.

They're not all bad. I've just entered one for £5. It's broken down to £90 winner, £20 for 3rd (nothing for 2nd), £20 for the team that scores the longest distance goal, £10 for the team that loses by the biggest deficit in a match, £10 dirtiest team (1pt for yellow, 4 for red) and £10 for worst team in the group stage.

Everyone has a chance of winning something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    They're not all bad. I've just entered one for £5. It's broken down to £90 winner, £20 for 3rd (nothing for 2nd), £20 for the team that scores the longest distance goal, £10 for the team that loses by the biggest deficit in a match, £10 dirtiest team (1pt for yellow, 4 for red) and £10 for worst team in the group stage.

Everyone has a chance of winning something.
    Now that's a good competition. I like the twist on the third place playoff too.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

AKA Senegal
    I've got them for the semis. Think that would make them the first African team to make it that far.

International

In my local they are doing a sealed envelope draw. Pick your envelope sign across the seal and it goes in the safe until the final so no one knows who has what team

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    In my local they are doing a sealed envelope draw. Pick your envelope sign across the seal and it goes in the safe until the final so no one knows who has what team
    That's a bit crap, removes all the fun bits, ie the banter like threatening to burn the office down if you get Ingurlund...

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But the whole point of a sweepstake is to give you someone else to support.

But the whole point of a sweepstake is to give you someone else to support.
    We done this a few years ago and it did take away that element but what it also done was get everyone in the sweep out together for a good swig. Also the winners spent all their winnings buying everyone free pints, so the only winners were the losers.